Page 1 of 3
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Mar 18, 2015,
They make electric ones, too.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Br00tz as fok
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I propose the Hello Kitty Paradox: Making no attempt to be metal is the most metal thing there is. Therefore the "least metal" instrument cannot be defined. Therefore the "least metal" instrument cannot be defined since it exists simultaneously as the "most metal."

Explanation: Metal-ness exists as a continuum, with peaks on both ends. Guitars that are supposed to look aggressive and heavy are of course very metal, but guitars that were designed to look bright and happy become metal by way of being so cheerful that only the most psychopathic of smelly neo-vikings are insane enough to use them. Using a bright pink strat marketed to teen girls shows that the metal-ness of the player has transcended the bounds of instrument color or type. Therefore the least metal guitars are also the most metal guitars

Cf. The Hello Kitty Strat is the most metal guitar known to man.
I'm going to second the hollow body. Never seen a metal band play a guitar like that. I can't imagine it would work very well wither. Talk about some serious feedback.
Quote by Jordan N
I'm going to second the hollow body. Never seen a metal band play a guitar like that. I can't imagine it would work very well wither. Talk about some serious feedback.

Emil Werstler? i dunno if he ever uses a full-sized hollowbody though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buULqZC2UXE
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
Emil Werstler? i dunno if he ever uses a full-sized hollowbody though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buULqZC2UXE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQid-6q6vok
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
For least metal i would probably say one of the Bo Diddley guitars. Hello Kitty strat is kvlt though

ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Tama Drums/ Sabian
Quote by Roc8995
I propose the Hello Kitty Paradox: Making no attempt to be metal is the most metal thing there is. Therefore the "least metal" instrument cannot be defined since it exists simultaneously as the "most metal."

Explanation: Metal-ness exists as a continuum, with peaks on both ends. Guitars that are supposed to look aggressive and heavy are of course very metal, but guitars that were designed to look bright and happy become metal by way of being so cheerful that only the most psychopathic of smelly neo-vikings are insane enough to use them. Using a bright pink strat marketed to teen girls shows that the metal-ness of the player has transcended the bounds of instrument color or type. Therefore the least metal guitars are also the most metal guitars

Absolute truth. Therefore I only play Hello Kitty strats covered in Thomas The Tank Engine stickers.

Quote by Jordan N

Wes Borland used to have a signature Yamaha hollow body, as well as Emil Werstler. Whether or not you think what Wes does is metal or not, that guitar dealt with a lot of very high-gain playing.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Roc8995
I propose the Hello Kitty Paradox: Making no attempt to be metal is the most metal thing there is. Therefore the "least metal" instrument cannot be defined. Therefore the "least metal" instrument cannot be defined since it exists simultaneously as the "most metal."

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by dannyalcatraz
They make electric ones, too.

pointy and pretty evil looking. doesn't get more metal if you ask me
Quote by monwobobbo
pointy and pretty evil looking. doesn't get more metal if you ask me

I can absolutely see Korpiklaani playing one of those:

Or Fintroll:

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Are THESE less metal?

Wait...I found THE metalhead's harp guitar:

Almost any Teisco, but especially this one

Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
That's one a them guitars for the hippity-hop music, right?

Ahhhhh I forgot about the Rondo first page guitars!
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Having metal polepieces for gnarly buck teeth and having a strap button screwed up your butt are pretty metal.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by dannyalcatraz
That's one a them guitars for the hippity-hop music, right?

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Rickenbackers don't look very metal
Quote by Cathbard
You, my man, are a gentleman and a scholar.
Quote by Knarrenheino
You hold your guitar upwards from your lap like an erect phallus and tell me I have problems?
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Having metal polepieces for gnarly buck teeth and having a strap button screwed up your butt are pretty metal.

Actually, that bunny has had his dick chromed (after circumcision).
...which is even more metal.

Between its looks and its MSRP of US$21,499.00, you won't find a metalhead playing a Gibson Citation:

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I love everything that has been said in this thread, but the above ^ almost sounds like a challenge. If no one can find me a picture of a Citation being played by a metalhead, then I believe I have my life's challenge in front of me. Master of Puppets on a Citation through a Mesa Recto...

My personal take on this, since the Hello Kitty Paradox was mentioned, would be a guitar, that is in the middle of the road, and that totally COULD do metal, but you never see anyone do it, because it would be too hard, such as this:

And before anyone says metal can't be done on acoustic guitar, please, search on YouTube. Some of THE best metal sounds given the other gear used. The problem would be the damn feedback.

P.S. I stumbled upon the Jim Root Jazzmaster looking for this... Some Hello Kitty Paradox for ya, right there. Everything, truly, has already been done.
The above post is in terms of 'YMMV' and 'IMO', etc...

Quote by Offworld92
This debate is exhausting to read.
The guitar world is drowned in fairy dust.
We need to start at the very beginning. What is tone.
Last edited by 2Crosser at Mar 19, 2015,
Quote by 2Crosser
I love everything that has been said in this thread, but the above ^ almost sounds like a challenge. If no one can find me a picture of a Citation being played by a metalhead, then I believe I have my life's challenge in front of me. Master of Puppets on a Citation through a Mesa Recto...

I don't think the price is the barrier. There are enough metalheads with money who could afford that or even more expensive guitars.

And with hundreds- if not thousands- of brands out there, obscurity will play into things as well. I doubt we'll ever see metal get performed on a Myka, Teuffel, Spuler, Jersey Girl, TimTone and so, so many others.*

(Even if it actually does!)

* Possible exception: a UGer who plays metal and owns a guitar from one of these brands and- after reading this thread- posts a video of him/her doing just that. I recall Stealthtastic bought a Teuffel, for instance, but he flips axes like people change their socks. And he may not play metal.

While not exactly metal Ted Nugent can rock the house with a full hollow body Gibson Byrdland.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Damn, I wanted to say hollowbodies.

I also wanted to say something along the lines of "guitars with Christian symbols on them", but then I remembered Tony Iommi.
Quote by Fumble fingers
Winner !! ...lol ... this thread is cracking me up

I'm into Slayer and Napalm Death, and I want that guitar. Where can I get one?
Quote by Knarrenheino
I'm into Slayer and Napalm Death, and I want that guitar. Where can I get one?

Rondo music.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Page 1 of 3