I have the g3 and I use it with a Blackstar ID:30 and of course it does not have an effects loop. I was wondering if it would be worth getting a small amp with an fx loop, would it sound better? Just curious if the amp sims would sound better
I have my G3 separate from the rest of my pedals and running into a powered speaker. Imo, that's the best way to go for using the G3's amp models. Combined with the DL4 on my pedalboard, I can make an impressive amount of sounds at once with this setup.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
If you're actually playing through an amp, I'd imagine you'd want to turn the amp sims off & just use it for effects.

FWIW, I run mine in my amps loop, but that's mainly because when I'm gigging I only use it for modulation & delays. The amp sims only get used when I'm doing headphone practice or recording.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud