While there have been threads on Airsoft, I didn't really wanna resurrect a really old thread so i'll make this one.

First question - Does anyone play? I've recently started taking it up in Fife and fair to say I enjoy it, its a lot of competitive fun and a good sport to get fit at and just simply enjoy.

Second question - Why is there so much hate towards Airsoft? Really don't see how it's any worse than playing call of duty or any other game tbh, but i'd love to hear what you guys think!
Quote by GlenGuitar16
Second question - Why is there so much hate towards Airsoft? Really don't see how it's any worse than playing call of duty or any other game tbh, but i'd love to hear what you guys think!

Because people don't dress in camo and pretend they're actually in combat when you play COD.

It's also not as cringy or tryhard.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Because people don't dress in camo and pretend they're actually in combat when you play COD.

It's also not as cringy or tryhard.

What's so wrong with wanting a little realism? Makes it more enjoyable. Okay some people will take it a little too extreme, but I don't find there's anything wrong with that?
Quote by GlenGuitar16
What's so wrong with wanting a little realism? Makes it more enjoyable. Okay some people will take it a little too extreme, but I don't find there's anything wrong with that?

At least with paintball, you can tell when somebody gets hit if you're actually looking at it from a "sporting" event. Airsoft pellets are more affected by wind, not as accurate and are basically just made to be plastic toys for grown ups that still want to be James Bond or GI Joe.

That being said, I own airsoft guns.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Iunno about airsoft, but I got to get drunk, smoke weed and shoot some cans with an air gun this weekend. Fun as hell and now I want an air gun.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
God forbid someone has a hobby other than surfing the internet
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I love it. I never participated in a skirmish but i'm going too. I do own a few guns (revolver and shotgun).
My enthusiasm died, when I bought an awesome cheap Chinese sniper rifle but the scope and loading mechanisms decided to go bonkers like the second time I used it
I used to go all the time but as a jobless teen, the hobby gets quite expensive really quick.
Wayne's World! Party Time! Excellent!
Party on Wayne. Party on Garth

Schecter Platinum C-1 Floyd Rose

Quote by Lord_Doku
Friendship and masturbation go a long way towards happiness. Until you have sex, then it's friendship and sex. And an empty wallet.
it's just LARPing with guns. with that said, i have nothing against airsoft or LARPing and think they're both cool hobbies. i would probably never do either of them though.
i played paintball for a little bit. pretty boring, honestly.

then i traded my crappy gun and stuff to a friend for weed.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I played paintball and airsoft as a teen but we never dressed up. We just played team elimination and plant the alarm clock lol
we never had enough people for teams.

last time i played paintball, we ended up doing duels.

walk x paces, turn and shoot.

it wasn't whoever got hit first, though. it was whoever gave up because it hurt too much.

i went up against this friend who had a ridiculous and stupidly expensive gun with every possible little extra on it.

i had the cheapest gun and balls (lol, balls) i could buy at the store. the thing couldn't even shoot further than 20-30 feet.

i ended up winning because my cheap paintballs had solidified into what were practically marbles that didn't break no matter what they hit.

dude with the crazy expensive gun had bloody welts all over his torso.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I used to play it until I got old enough to buy REAL firearms.

Now I spend my weekends on the family farm/range.
I used to play. Then I found out that a significant number of people that play airsoft in the Midwest are crazy right-wing militia nutjobs using airsoft to live out their dumb war fantasies.
All the comments about, why don't you get a real gun, or why don't you join the army etc, why is that even an argument? I'm not looking to go out and hurt people, not everyone wants to murder people.

Plus I live in the UK so real guns are out of the question.

People who take it seriously are just like anybody who takes a sport/hobby seriously, guitarist will spend lots of money getting guitar/amp/pedals everything under the sun, and an airsofter will do the same, don't get the hate?

Personally the guns are getting more and more realistic, I've held the L85A2 (British Rifle) and the Airsoft equivalent, and to be perfectly honest there wasn't much difference except a bit of weight difference, but even then not that much!
We don't "play" airsoft but we do use airsoft weapons in training. I'm in law enforcement, and we do "active shooter" and "MacTac" training...Small-unit tactics directed at locating shooters/terrorists, etc.

We use airsoft weapons analagous to our duty weapons, Glock or Sig handguns and AR-type rifles. Helmets, gloves.....The little guys hurt if you get whacked on open skin.
My senior year/1st year in college was a big time for airsoft for all the people I knew for some reason. We actually had teams that did drive-bys on each other in town. Heck we had ambushes even...I was lured to a buddies house one night and they had two guys on the roof with expensive ass sniper rifles and several guys hiding in the bushes. The best time was about 30 of us camped out one night at a pad they made for an oil rig and we were all out in the woods and driving around back roads with spot lights trying to find each other.

It was nuts/stupid but fun as hell. We were young and had nothing else to do. After a few months though the fad died out for us.

Good times....except for the dings in the sides of all of our cars. I'm still finding airsoft pellets in my truck 6 years later.