Hi all I have started this thread for all of us who use a tablet for sheet music.

What I am wanting to find is what apps you use / would recommend for sheet music apps, what is the best Bluetooth page turners and other general ideas, tips and tricks when it comes to using a tablet for paperless sheet music.

Here is my current set-up.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1
Apps: Ultimate Guitar Tabs & Chords, Google PDF Reader.
(yes I know I don't have much on my tablet as I only recently got it. this is in aid of my research into what is available).

also feel free to point to any other posts on this subject, I will add them here for easy finding.

Thanks in advance for all your helpful ideas.

Related Posts:
(Will add posts as I find them here for easy reference if I am able to edit this post later).
I use my iPad, opening my sheet music in the Adobe Reader app. (Preparing sheet music on my computer before importing it)

Then i use the Airturn BT-105 (two pedal) board to switch pages.

Works really well, has been used in orchestral environment, session work, studio work etc.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
I guess not many people use a tablet for digital sheet music solution here on the forums. thought there would be more posts on this.
Quote by mickeyj4j
I guess not many people use a tablet for digital sheet music solution here on the forums. thought there would be more posts on this.

Not many people use sheet music at all on these forums. It's a guitar website after all.
I use an iPad with an airturn. Haven't had a single problem with it.

As for apps I use one called forscore to organize my music PDF's. You can re-arrange pages as well as put them in set lists or categorys. Best of all you can annotate them.

For example if I have numerous repeat signs across pages, you can copy the pages and then erase the sections that aren't needed.
Quote by Elintasokas
Not many people use sheet music at all on these forums. It's a guitar website after all.

Digital sheet music comes in several forms
1. Words only (for singers)
2. Words with chords (for musicians who play any instrument)
3. Music score (the full music with, notes, annotation and chords)

Most guitarists use option 2 so this is relevant to us here.
I use a Galaxy Tab3, Polaris pdf viewer with all the songs on my setlist in one file, one per page. They are edited such that I dont need to flip pages while performing the songs, so no need for a page turner device. I can scroll normally between songs. I create the pdf in landscape view in Corel Drawx3.
Quote by Lenny Gee
I use a Galaxy Tab3, Polaris pdf viewer with all the songs on my setlist in one file, one per page. They are edited such that I dont need to flip pages while performing the songs, so no need for a page turner device. I can scroll normally between songs. I create the pdf in landscape view in Corel Drawx3.

Interesting way to do it. There are some great apps, Musicnotes, setlist, the ulitmate guitar app and others. With apps like this designed for musicians. Once all your songs are in you can easily set list for your gig in order. Use a page turner or your finger I find it much less work the your way.
Last edited by mickeyj4j at Jul 31, 2015,
@mickeyj4j,
It's all about what you know, you know? I have been using Corel for years. I had the file done in less time than learning a new app. Some of the content on UG is not correct, and has to be fixed anyway. I do source a lot of stuff here, though. Along with a couple other sites. I then change key if needed, and copy it into Corel where I tweak it to fit my needs, ie: font style and size, lyric changes, notation for my flat picking duo partner, etc. We all do the same thing in a different way, right?
Oh, one other thing....the landscape view is due to my DIY tablet mount. It utilizes the folding cover to hang it. I would post a pic, but it is too much work on this forum.