Page 1 of 2
Love them or hate them? Any amusing stories about them?

I live an hour away from one of the best amusement parks in the world (Cedar Point) and I went there every year growing up, so I've grown a bit bored of them, but every once in a while I get the urge to ride a wicked gnarly roller coaster. I'm having dat urge as we speak.

so dope
I wouldn't say I hate them but I don't care for them
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Haven't been to one in years. I used to live about 25 minutes away from one so I probably had gone over a hundred times when I was younger. It wasn't very good so I eventually got bored of it. I don't leave near one now. I do want to go to one of the ones in japan or whatever and ride those 300+ft tall rollercoasters.
I like amusement parks, I don't like heights but somehow rode like every roller coaster except that super-man one and the 6 flags closest to us.

I prefer like the tilt-a-whirl and stuff though
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I prefer like the tilt-a-whirl and stuff though

Yeah, nothing better than sketchy fairground rides run by a carny.

BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Jon777
I live 5 minutes away from Legoland, but apparently they won't let you in if you're over 18 and don't have a kid with you.

What!?!?!

That is so weak. I wanna go to legoland now. Especially since I know I can't.
amusing stories about amusement parks? is that a joke?
My God, it's full of stars!
When I was in high school my school band went to didney wurl. When we were in a really long line for some ride, I tried to get everyone in that section/room to do the wave because fun and why not. Except for my 3/4 friends nobody did it. Nobody!

Happiest place on earth my patriot!
Quote by Dreadnought
amusing stories about amusement parks? is that a joke?

only if u want it 2 b
Amusement parks are great and I wish the UK had better ones. All the rollercoasters are pansy ones, where are my 200ft vertical drops?

Edit: I have a mildly amusing story. I went to Seaworld in Florida about 10 years ago, and there was a thunderstorm at one point so everyone wimped out and hid inside. There were no queues on the rides afterwards so I went on the journey to atlantis water ride about 10 times in a row. I was the only person on it half the time. It was funny.
I have nothing important to say
Last edited by JackSaints at Mar 19, 2015,
they're alright. only been to gardaland tho. oh and legoland in denmark but legoland is on a whole nother level of awesome

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by MeGaDeth2314

i do what i want

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
been to a couple. six flags america more than once

they're pretty shit
i don't know why i feel so dry
Rollercoaster Tycoon is the shit.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
I live like 3 hours away from Cedar Point. I haven't been there in a few years and I really want to go again, but if I do, I'm definitely shelling out for one of those express passes because waiting 2+ hours to go on Top Thrill Dragster is annoying as shit.
I've been to Six Flags in St. Louis a bunch of times. I've been to World's of fun in Kansas City once. And I've been to Universal theme park in Orlando, Florida once.
Where I live, there are 2 permanent amusement parks that are reasonably close (Ontario Place and Canada's Wonderland). I haven't been to Wonderland since they built their newest ride, but I went on the one they had built right before that, and it was incredible.

The problem with being built in Canada and having large sections of each park dedicated to water-based attractions means that once the temperature starts to drop, the parks become unusable and they both only really run June - September (although Wonderland does their Halloween Haunt through October).

This is the last great roller coaster that I've been on (Behemoth)
Waaaay too many people in the big parks. Small ones are all going bankrupt.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
i like roller coasters & stuff.
i live like 5 min. down the road from an amusement park, used to go all the time in middle school & high school, but i haven't been in some years.
Quote by snipelfritz
Yeah, nothing better than sketchy fairground rides run by a carny.

They have them at amusement parks too
Quote by Dregen
>scared of heights
>loves roller coasters

I closed my eyes going up the big hills they all start off going up. After that they're fine.
Being like strapped in helps a lot.

Plus isn't the thrill the main attraction to them? Not meant to be casual rides.
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at Mar 19, 2015,
I live about 40 mins from Hershey Park, and I usually go about once a year. I love rollercoasters.

Oh, and Disney is cool as shit. I went as a kid, and I also went when I was 18. Loved it both times.
Quote by Vermillionpart2
Anyone afraid of heights and not being securely fastened in would absolutely love the Behemoth's seat designs.

not only does that not look safe because you're not attached much, it also looks like you'd get nutted if you stopped quickly
i'm afraid of heights and get super nervous about riding roller coasters, but once i'm actually on the ride i'm not actually phased.

except when i rode the Superman ride at Six Flags.

i was in the very front row, so when it reached the top of the first hill thing, i was staring straight down for a good few minutes before we dropped.

overall, amusement parks suck. unless i get in for free like when i went to Disney Land a few years ago because my mom's cousin worked there.

still love that Star Wars VR space tour ride.

scariest ride experience in my life was actually Tower of Terror in Disney World as a kid.

i went on with my dad and his belly kept the safety bar from really holding me in, so every time the ride went into free fall, i lifted out of the seat and thought i was gonna die.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Last edited by jakesmellspoo at Mar 19, 2015,
Quote by jakesmellspoo
i'm afraid of heights and get super nervous about riding roller coasters, but once i'm actually on the ride i'm not actually phased.

except when i rode the Superman ride at Six Flags.

i was in the very front row, so when it reached the top of the first hill thing, i was staring straight down for a good few minutes before we dropped.

This is exactly how I felt when I was at Six Flags, I'd be nervous in line but once in it wasn't a big deal.

And the staring at the ground thing is why I never rode the superman one. especially with as low to the ground as you get on the closest one to us. Like you'd probably feel the tall grass on your face.
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

not a fan. i dont like waiting in lines or rollercoasters so theres pretty much nothing for me to do at them but eat shitty overpriced food
banned
the food is super overpriced, think a whole pizza was like $40+ last time I went lol
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

best part of going to Disney as a kid was my dad being in a wheelchair so i got to cut in line with him.

i bet that makes me sound like a huge dick.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Page 1 of 2