Hi all,
Not sure if this was the place to post, but I've recently come into possession of a Boss GT-100 (it's been updated to firmware v2) and I am having a blast fiddling around with all the different effects. As I am still new to making patches and playing around with effects, I also get a little impatient and frustrated when I can't seem to find that right tone or effect. I was just wondering if you guys can help me out here. I'm trying to make two patches:

- An acoustic guitar patch: I'm aware the Boss GT-100 comes with an Acoustic Simulator. I'm using a Fender Stratocaster with an Lr Baggs piezo X-Bridge with Control-X and I also have humbuckers. I was just wondering how I would go about this if I were to use the piezos. I am finding the tone to be really thin, harsh and brittle. It's not very pleasant to the ears. What effects should I use?

- A guitar to bass patch: I've had not much luck with this one as I can seem to get a stable and pitch from the octaving. I'm finding that my notes are as loud and full as well as the pitch jumping around all over the place. Any ideas here?

My inspiration for asking how to go about making these two patches comes from watching this video. In my opinion, this guy has a very convincing acoustic tone as well as a very nice bass sound.

I hope you guys are able to help. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Don't think I'd use an Acoustic Simulator with piezos. I'd expect it to be too thin.

Haven't really played with the pitch shifter, sorry.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
For acoustic, I would use the P>AC setting on the guitar sim. Then use the AC processor. And make sure to add a little reverb. Ambient is my favorite. All of these should be the first effects in the chain. Then use the full range preamp and make sure to turn the SP type to off.

For bass, you can use pitch shifter or harmonist. Make sure this is the first effect in the chain. I personally like harmonist more. Just put it to -oct and turn the direct level off. For the preamp, use full range. Change the cabinet to something more bass-like such as a closed back 2x10 or a 1x15 and adjust highs and lows to taste. I like use a dual-sound patch to mix it with a regular guitar sound. It gets more dynamic and has more growl.

But my #1 rule when dealing with Boss units is to always make sure the gain sw is on high and turn the master all the way up on the preamp.