Page 1 of 2
post with your NNID to get a spot in this tournament.

We're still going with the best of three/two stock format (this is up for discussion) with no items, but this time, all tournament legal stages are kosher (if someone could provide me with that list that would be great).

Just like last time, each participant must post the results to each match they played. But this time we'll keep it simple, just post who won and how many kills/falls/SDs you got.

Another thing, this is going to be a much quicker paced tournament. Once brackets are set and the green light is on, everyone works their way through the brackets as quickly as possible. If you can't have your match in a timely fashion, I'll just disqualify both participants. Nobody likes waiting on your slow ass.

Speaking of brackets, someone should give me some ideas as to how to sort the players, like a seed list or whatever.

Also, betting on matches is encouraged (not for money though )

So yeah, sign up and let's break stuff.

Participants:
Amuro Jay: RX-104
DukeDeRox (NNID is the same)
institutions: instchan
Fisheth24: Fisheth
Rockford_rocks: Ludiloco (not Ludicolo)
Nashawa: Moosebones
GuitarGod_92: SuccubusQueen
yellowfrizbee (NNID is the same)
muffinduck01 (NNID is the same)
metaldud536: Fuzzycholo
DiminishedFifth: EnhaloTricks
stratkat (NNID is the same)
Fack it. I'll play. I missed out on pokemanz. I'll get you my ID code thingy within 24 hrs. I'm just too lazy to go downstairs right now
Somehow I doubt we even have very many people with a Wii U and Smash on this forum. Maybe too few to even have a real tournament.

I'll play. I won't win, but i'll play.
NNID: instchan
I'll play and get knocked out in the first round by Jay/Imdeth again

NNID: Fisheth
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
NNID: Moosebones

LEGGO

Quote by institutions
Somehow I doubt we even have very many people with a Wii U and Smash on this forum. Maybe too few to even have a real tournament.

I'll play. I won't win, but i'll play.
NNID: instchan

There's no money involved so can't clean everyone out; ergo, it's already a fraudulent tournament by nature.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Last edited by nashawa at Mar 20, 2015,
Quote by nashawa
NNID: Moosebones

LEGGO

There's no money involved so can't clean everyone out; ergo, it's already a fraudulent tournament by nature.

Looks like Grands is set folks
So are we playing you have to use one character the whole tourny? Also I'm cool with 3 stock.
NNID: yellowfrizbee

Bring it
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Mine is muffinduck01.

This is going to be a shitshow. I've not played any Smash at all since when I got knocked out of the 3DS tourny. I never even decided who I should main after deciding to toss Little Mac.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Oh yeah it's def got to be 3 or 4 stock

2 stock is the most pointless stupid shit there is

Why

3 stock takes forever let alone 4 stock

2 just means you can't afford to **** up because then you're climbing a huge hill to come back

Quote by DukeDeRox
So are we playing you have to use one character the whole tourny? Also I'm cool with 3 stock.

I hope not, my Ninja is good but I'd like the option of a counterpick for certain matchups

3 stock would be ok but I think 2 for sm4sh is ideal. People always say Brawl was 3 and it was way slower, but Brawl's meta was shit and unbearable to watch. 2 stock best stock.

Quote by Amuro Jay

Rockford_rocks: Ludiloco (not Ludicolo)

Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Mar 21, 2015,
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Why

3 stock takes forever let alone 4 stock

2 just means you can't afford to **** up because then you're climbing a huge hill to come back

because its awful and not fun at all

and 2 stock isnt really a measure of skill since either person can **** up once and then the games pretty much over for them. Smash has always been about comebacks since the N64 days, its a true measure of skill to be down to 1 stock while your opponent is still at 3 and rally the win
I personally don't know the diff I've just always played 3 stock with my friends so it's what I'm use to and comfy with lol

Idk how actual tournaments work for smash doe, like what stages or how many stock. I've only played with my friends and we turn the items on high and do random

Rules are rules, so whatever the norm is I'll work with
Last edited by DukeDeRox at Mar 21, 2015,
If it means anything, here are the rules that Evo are using for their Smash 4 games.

Game version: US Nintendo WiiU
Game Settings: 2 Stock, 5 Minute Time Limit, Items Off, Equipment Off, 2/3 Games
Amiibo’s are banned.
Custom moves are allowed.
Starter stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Town & City
Counter-pick stages: Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Duck Hunt, Halberd
Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by GuitarGod_92

and 2 stock isnt really a measure of skill since either person can **** up once and then the games pretty much over for them. Smash has always been about comebacks since the N64 days, its a true measure of skill to be down to 1 stock while your opponent is still at 3 and rally the win

I assure you the better player still wins 90% of the time

Source: Been to several tournaments and watched many more on video
Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Mar 22, 2015,
Quote by Rockford_rocks

I assure you I'm not the better player 90% of the time

There's still that 10% chance doe

Also, IDK what custom moves are so that's cool by me
Quote by GuitarGod_92

lol
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by Rockford_rocks

Source: Been to several tournaments and watched many more on video

I have played hundreds of tournament sets in smash 4. 2 stock is literally killing this game.

3 stocks or bust. 3 stocks allows the better player a chance to come back after a slight mistake and to extend their lead. Far, FAR too many upsets in 2 stock.

3 stocks 8 minutes. Easy. Done.

Next.

EDIT: Evo is using 2 stocks mostly because they have to gt through 1000+ entrants and they don't actually know how to run a smash 4 tourney so they're making it easy on themselves.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Last edited by nashawa at Mar 23, 2015,
Maybe you shouldn't play so recklessly then

Unfortunately I fail to take my own advice
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Last edited by Cardbored at Mar 23, 2015,
Quote by nashawa
I have played hundreds of tournament sets in smash 4. 2 stock is literally killing this game.

3 stocks or bust. 3 stocks allows the better player a chance to come back after a slight mistake and to extend their lead. Far, FAR too many upsets in 2 stock.

3 stocks 8 minutes. Easy. Done.

Next.

EDIT: Evo is using 2 stocks mostly because they have to gt through 1000+ entrants and they don't actually know how to run a smash 4 tourney so they're making it easy on themselves.

I don't disagree 100%, but I like the flow of two stocks and how efficiently it can run a tournament. I think the only danger to this game is the community, not the ruleset. I also think upsets are healthy for the game, so clearly we have very different views there

But not to bog this thread down with meta talk, this is Jay's tourney and although I'm sure he'll take all our opinions into account he'll have the final say on it
There's two important points to consider here.

We don't have so many people to get through and matches aren't on any sort of schedule, so 3 stocks aren't impractical. Also, lag plays a big role in online tournaments, but not in local ones, so a bit of accident forgiveness wouldn't be a bad thing.

Furthermore, the first ever UG smash tournament, the Brawl one back in 2010 I believe, also had 3 stocks. A return to form would not be unwelcome.

Two stocks is great in certain circumstances, but I'll tell you, if For Glory had 3, my Nolimar would have taken that Jigglypuff out. No way they'd have landed that rest twice on me. I had a good lead.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
I don't disagree 100%, but I like the flow of two stocks and how efficiently it can run a tournament. I think the only danger to this game is the community, not the ruleset. I also think upsets are healthy for the game, so clearly we have very different views there

But not to bog this thread down with meta talk, this is Jay's tourney and although I'm sure he'll take all our opinions into account he'll have the final say on it

I once didn't make it out of pools because I clipped through Smashville and SD'd at 6%. If I had an extra stock I could have easily reset it since he was at 130%+.

Longer games are harder to win, just like how longer sets are harder to win. This is why finals always have an increased game count. The better player will clutch it out even more frequently when there is a buffer for random garbage. There's a reason everyone at some point turned the number of necessary wins down to 1 on Street Fighter when they were a kid.

Upsets are not healthy for the game, but they are fun for spectators: everyone likes to see upsets. Catering to spectators first and core gameplay second is how you ended up with the 1 stock format in Brawl.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Yooooo I'd love to play, I just need to know when it'll be going on and make sure I can set up some time for it.

EDIT: Just saw the above post about how it'll be done kind of "on your own time", and I think I can get in on that.

NNID: EnhaloTricks

My vote also goes towards 3 stocks. Most 3 stock matches I've played lasted less than 5 minutes, and since we're not a a true time schedule setting aside 20 minutes to play shouldn't be that big of an issue.
Last edited by DiminishedFifth at Mar 24, 2015,
My vote goes to 3 stock, no items, and no smash ball.

Also I am USA East coast if that helps you to match us up.

Stepco's Master
Quote by DukeDeRox

Nah, but like, maybe it's a good idea for everyone to list their mains so that everyone else knows what to expect to an extent? It's better than running in blind and real tournaments don't have that problem.
Jigglypuff here and I promise to beat you without using rest.

My other main is Doctor Mario. And I do NOT promise not to spam pills at your face.

Stepco's Master
Quote by Amuro Jay
Nah, but like, maybe it's a good idea for everyone to list their mains so that everyone else knows what to expect to an extent? It's better than running in blind and real tournaments don't have that problem.

If we list our mains could you put it in the OP next to our NNID's for ease of reference?

Ness, Shulk and (possibly) DHD.
Quote by Amuro Jay

I don't really have one main character but I only know how to use Marth, Lucinia, Ike, Falco, and Mega Man well enough to play. I'm average with many instead of great with one
Page 1 of 2