Hey guys!

I'm thinking of buying a GT-100 together with a tube amp 2-3 months from now and it will be used for practice and recording and the GT-100 will be used for it's delays, reverb, modulations and amp switching but there are some concerns that's bothering me.

1. Should the GT-100 complement the Tube amp? or Should i get a Solid State instead?
2. Will the combo amplifier good enough or the half-stack is better?
3. if i choose to get a head amplifier, many users says that a mesa rectifier cab (4x12/2x12) will get you anywhere. is that a good cab to start off with?

For the brand and model, which amplifier should i get? Right now, i'm still in the process of learning but i'm mostly into the metal genre(progressive, djent, thrash, groove, neo-classical, ambient and deathcore) but i'm learning the others as well.

Here's a list of currently available brands and models in our country.

Peavey
6505 Head
6505+ Head/Combo

Mesa/Boogie
Mark V Head/Combo
Rectifier Roadster Head
Rectifier Head
Road King II Head
Triple Rectifier

Blackstar
Series One 45 Combo
Series One 100
Series One 6l6/EL34
Series One 200

Laney, Orange and Marshall are also available but right now i'm not interested.

There it goes, i hope i'm clear with everything i said.

Thanks!
The amp modeling in the GT-100 isn't very good. I use mine with an RM100 tube combo amp. It's a good combination.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I think that with the amps you're looking at the GT100 wont complement your rig. I had a Fender combo amp with a GT10, replaced the GT10 for a G system and some good overdive pedals, sounds a lot better imo.

I would highy recommend you looking at a TC g system
Quote by robje2000
I think that with the amps you're looking at the GT100 wont complement your rig. I had a Fender combo amp with a GT10, replaced the GT10 for a G system and some good overdive pedals, sounds a lot better imo.

I would highy recommend you looking at a TC g system

Is the g system worth it for the $1k+ price tag? Not including overdrive, noise gate and distortion pedals (looking at the suhr riot/reloaded, maxon od 808/ibanez ts9, decimator 2)
Quote by Cathbard
The amp modeling in the GT-100 isn't very good. I use mine with an RM100 tube combo amp. It's a good combination.

How's the delay/reverb, modulation and other effects of the gt 100 together with rm100's clean and distorted channels?
i would maybe look into a line 6 m-9 for some of what you are looking to do. only downside is that it wouldn't have the channel switching capabilities.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by frostmourne7
How's the delay/reverb, modulation and other effects of the gt 100 together with rm100's clean and distorted channels?

Good
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100