Hi,

I have watched a lot of reviews of the MT and I am pretty much sold on it, looks amazing for the price and seems to throw out enough volume for gigging.

However, I am unsure what cab to buy to make sure that I can get the most out of the MT with enough volume to gig within my financial constraints. I can afford around £150 for the cab(s).

I have considered getting a 4x8 cab such as the Blackstar HT408 (£160) or possibly buying 2 of the orange 1x8 cabs (£60) that are made for the MT, and running it through both as a stack.

Do these seem reasonable options?
Which would you rather go for?
Any other suggestions?
An 8" speaker isn't going to sound as big or beefy as a 12" speaker of around the same quality, and that is simply a question of physics.

I would wager that a 2x12 or even a 1x12 is probably going to sound bigger and bassier, if not louder, than a 4x8.
Fender MIM Strat HSS (DiMarzio Crunch Lab)
Peavey 6505+ 112

If you want, I can mix/master your tracks for free just so I can practice and who knows, maybe you'll love what you hear! Hit me up.
I can't be certain, I've never purchased a cabinet in that budget. Someone else with more experience will have to chime in, especially since I'm here in the USA where prices and things are different.

I would just go to a bunch of pawn shops or used guitar stores in your area, see what you can dig up. Probably can find a solid deal.

Or, worst case scenario, you could build your own 1x12 cabinet, not sure how much a Celestion Vintage 30 is over across the pond but perhaps that could be an option?
Fender MIM Strat HSS (DiMarzio Crunch Lab)
Peavey 6505+ 112

If you want, I can mix/master your tracks for free just so I can practice and who knows, maybe you'll love what you hear! Hit me up.
Truthfully, I have no idea why the MT is a thing considering it's 100 for it and a cab is like 150.
Bringing the total to 250

and then this exists on Thommann...

http://www.thomann.de/gb/jet_city_amplification_jca22h_guitar_head.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g112vintage.htm

Might be stretching it a bit too far, but that's what I'd get if portability is a thing and you're wanting to gig with it.

Edit: That's a cab for virtually the same price as a V30. Best deal you'll find for one. I use these myself and for the money, they're really good.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Mar 21, 2015,
I agree. 8s can be useful in some situations, but if you're concerned about space and budget, a multiple 8" cabs with crappy speakers is not a good choice. A good 1x12 with a quality speaker is probably a smarter option.

For example, either of the Palmer cabs on Thomann (PCAB112V30 or PCAB112GBK; I'd suggest the V30) would be great. You're going to want a decent 12" speaker and a full-size cab to fill out the sound. Those 8" cabs are toys. They're for low-volume bedroom use, and they're designed to be cheap and small, not to sound good.
The Thomann stack looks too good to be true, mega cheap for what you're getting by the looks of it. Thanks for the shout!
Quote by dannyheath95
The Thomann stack looks too good to be true, mega cheap for what you're getting by the looks of it. Thanks for the shout!

It's really awesome. I use one myself, the only issue I've had is some tubes going. But that's tubes for you.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Roc8995

For example, either of the Palmer cabs on Thomann (PCAB112V30 or PCAB112GBK; I'd suggest the V30) would be great.

i don't think those palmer cabs are ply

but the harley benton cabs with the v30s are very good value on thomann
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Oh, I thought they were. The Harley Benton ones are smaller - I really don't like those "compact" 1x12s which is why I didn't suggest the HB cabs. They tend to sound nasal and boxy which is even worse with small SS amps.

Of course, if you buy used, you can probably find a full-size 1x12 plywood cab with a V30.
Yeah i think I emailed them back when they were first released, and they said they weren't. Of course, they could've changed them by now.

And yeah I wouldn't be too fussed on a really small 1x12 either. I've only tried the HB 2x12.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Palmer site lists it as MDF so you're definitely correct on that.

I'm not sure about the used market in Europe but around here it's not tough to find a good 1x12 or 2x12 in full size, ply, with Celestions or Eminence speakers for that price on the used market.
i am thinking of picking up a micro terror. i demoed one at GC the other day, it sounded like shit through the 1x8". i put it on a 1960a marshall cab and it sounded pretty damn good. i wouldn't ever gig with one but it could come in handy to have in my car or something or used in a pinch. the headphone out left some to be desired but hell its better than nothing.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Roc8995
The Palmer site lists it as MDF so you're definitely correct on that.

I'm not sure about the used market in Europe but around here it's not tough to find a good 1x12 or 2x12 in full size, ply, with Celestions or Eminence speakers for that price on the used market.

Yeah, I imagine it probably isn't. Not too well up on the used market, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?