So I was thinking about recent acts of extreme human attacks upon themselves as I was driving to work the other day; War, media, politics, and any other pseudonym for terrorism that can be named from any handful of recognizable cultures. I started to think about events that have never been played out, but with the massive collection of (and access to) information that exists today.

There once was a time where the acronym M.A.D. (mutually assured destruction) was on the mind of most folks in the recent past. A complete (direct) wipeout of Us and Them, to atone for something. I thought about what examples would be considered an indirect, yet substantial, form of M.A.D. - not to actually engage in them, but just out of sincere boredom and antagonism. Hurr durr. I'm aware everything online is read by watchdogs. This is sincere curiosity.

What events would you foresee happening if a group of financially-able misanthropists decided to launch a nuclear attack at the moon? Who, on Earth, would hold them accountable for their actions? If they were ever caught, can you possibly imagine what the dialog of criminal/court proceedings might be? What would life be like afterwards, for all?
В словах есть что-то неприличное.
yeah man
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
you really didn't need two paragraphs of preamble to ask a boring, hypothetical legal question
i don't know why i feel so dry
yeah but dude im listening to Camel tho

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
smoke dat erb
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Eastwinn
you really didn't need two paragraphs of preamble to ask a boring, hypothetical legal question

Freewill.
i think i read somewhere that if we blew up the moon we'd die of a shitton of asteroids that would hit as a result of it and the tides ****ing our shit up and gravy or whatever

idk someone else can come with their science cause im just pulling shit out of my anus
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
im just pulling shit out of my anus

Absolute Freewill.
Physical consequences:
- There would be a slight change in weather concerning flood and ebbes.
- The earth would cool down a little bit, due to not being reached by the reflected light during nighttime.
- And the earth's rotation axis would be less stable, probably resulting in different seasons of the year than what we know now; probably even the earth's rotation would be slowed down.

Social consequences: People would probably finally face the fact that them being ****ed up sometimes is in no relation whatsoever to the moon, but to the fact that they basically are just ****ed up.

Political consequences: well, politics are ****ed up anyway

Personal consequences: I would never again be able to spend a drunk night out in a field with a girl singing and dancing to Van Morrison's 'Moondance'.
"If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
Lewis Carroll
Whoa... what would happen to werewolfs?
Some have friends....

... others have guitars....

Hey, it's uhh... 4:20....

Thought you'd like to know is all.

I am not here to make you laugh, I'm here to make you horny.
Quote by Goth JR
Whoa... what would happen to werewolfs?

They'd just be ordinary people then. How boring!
"If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
Lewis Carroll
No offense, but "what if a bunch of rich douchebags nuked the moon" has got to be one of the dumbest hypotheticals this place has ever proposed, and that's saying something.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by UltimateGuizar
This is how that shit would go down.....

I'm imagining a scientifical paper right now that is perfectly serious all the time but has that picture somewhere in the middle, without ever referring to it.

Also I love the idea of blowing up the moon with a rifle/machine gun. Looks like that could be the plot of a sequel to 'Four Lions'.
Lewis Carroll
the earth would get its own ring like Saturn's from the debris, would be sweet
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Depends on how big it is. A small nuke probably wouldnt do anything but if you blew up a Tsar bomba you could probably kill all life on earth

Only one way to find out
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________