View poll results: What Guitar is better for Black Metal/Deathcore
Parker PDF70
2 29%
Jackson Warrior WRXMG
2 29%
Jackson Rhoads RRXMG
3 43%
Voters: 7.
Hi, I just wanted to know if either the Jackson Warrior WRXMG ,Jackson Rhoads RRXMG, or the Parker PDF70 is a good guitar for black metal/deathcore. I really want to know about the Parker, I feel this one has the vibe and clarity I need for what I play in extreme metal, but I really need an opinion if it's good or not, because I'm not making the rush and buy mistake again with a guitar, I'm looking for a guitar brand I can stick to for life!!!!

Sincerely Yours,

Neuthrone, Bassist and Lead Vocalist of GALLIUM
Finding a guitar brand you can stick too for life is a pointless exercise. Tastes change all the time. Especially when tastes in music evolve or you find that you want something completely different to what one brand can give you, you start looking at other options.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
There's really not such a thing as the 'best guitar for metal' because really any guitar can play that style with the right amp. A lot of this stuff that manufacturers and people on the internet tell you about regarding X guitar being awesome for a particular style is mostly just marketing hype. What you're getting with a 'metal' styled guitar that you aren't getting with most other solid-body guitars is mostly just aesthetic, and hotter pickups (which can always be changed on any guitar, so its a moot point)

And Fish is right. Getting a guitar to own for life is pointless because chances are, your tastes in music and in guitars is going to change.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 22, 2015,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
There's really not such a thing as the 'best guitar for metal' because really any guitar can play that style with the right amp. A lot of this stuff that manufacturers and people on the internet tell you about regarding X guitar being awesome for a particular style is mostly just marketing hype. What you're getting with a 'metal' styled guitar that you aren't getting with most other solid-body guitars is mostly just aesthetic, and hotter pickups (which can always be changed on any guitar, so its a moot point)

And Fish is right. Getting a guitar to own for life is pointless because chances are, your tastes in music and in guitars is going to change.

I know all about that one.

But yeah all of this.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Can't say much about the Parker other than it doesn't look very metal and the specs are inferior to the Jacksons. The Jacksons have identical specs and even are/were made at the same plant. The only difference is the shape. The shape of the Warrior is more comfortable and practical.
Whoa you saying parker through me off after I read the title. Did you just discover darren miller or something? I've heard the quality of parker has declined quite a bit in recent years.
if you only look for one brand for life, you will sell yourself.

for example, i bought three jacksons, then two LTD's then sold the jacksons, then got another LTD, then sold two LTD's and bought three ibanezs, and sold off the others. i think i have the timeline correct, but i never would have found what i want hadn't i owned the other brands.

i like ibbys.

but thats just me. but if i would have stayed with jackson i wouldn't be as happy .
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The only reason I put the Parker up there was because the lead singer of Akercocke plays one, and it sounds perfect for what I am doing right now, but I don't know, I just wanted to find out.
^^The guitar itself does not have near as much of an impact on tone as you might think. You take two guitars with the same pickups, for example. If tuned the same and played through the same amp with the same settings and player -- very few people could tell the difference.

Your amp, by far, makes the most difference in tone.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Quote by KailM
^^The guitar itself does not have near as much of an impact on tone as you might think. You take two guitars with the same pickups, for example. If tuned the same and played through the same amp with the same settings and player -- very few people could tell the difference.

Your amp, by far, makes the most difference in tone.

i agree that the guitar doesn't make a huge difference in tone, but its the playability that matters more. a better fret job, and hardware and staying in tune is the most important.

i have a lot of similar sets of guitars, and the pickups do make quite a difference. even with my ibanez prestiges' they are very similar, but they don't sound the same.

amp is most of the tone, but no matter how good you amp is, with a guitar that can't stay in tune and has terrible playability, you can only play so well.

however, even with a great guitar, it will sound like shit with a marshall mg.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
But what guitar do you guys choose, I'm stressed out here and I've got till August to buy one!!!!
August? Thats forever away...

Id pick a 2nd hand LTD or a Jackson SLATT something, but thats just me.

Out the three, the RR
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
This
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
This

In A Gadda Da Vida.

Baby.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
That Daisy Rock is Triple Brutal.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
A Daisy Rock guitar that comes stock with EMGz?!

This is the unabashed future of the music industry, people.

I mean come on it even comes with a headstock retainer bar like a Floyd Rose. What's not to love?
Quote by griffindor1944
But what guitar do you guys choose, I'm stressed out here and I've got till August to buy one!!!!

What on earth do you have to stressed out about? August is ages away! And if getting a guitar is stressful to you, then your band's name is actually pretty accurate to your mental stability.

It takes nothing for it to melt.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 26, 2015,
Really any guitar can do anything, especially if you swap out the pups.

Your guitar is a very personal thing. You need to consider the aesthetics (you aren't going to want to play a guitar that looks like crap to you), its features (do you need a trem, coil taps, single coils/humbuckers, coil taps, etc), how it feels in your hands, its playability and the overall construction. After you have that narrowed down I'd say try a bunch out and see what feels right to you.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not