Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy an multi effect pedal but I'm having doubts about what to choose. I live in a small town so it's really hard for me to go to a store to try them out since there are no stores arround.
I'm looking for something cheap but good sounding. I mostly play Van Halen, Priest, Maiden, Ratt so I want to nail those sounds but I would also like to have some versatility (obsvly).
Also, expression pedal is required.

I'm enjoying the videos I've watched about the Zoom G1Xon but I would like your opinion about it or new suggestions (150€ max).
I have a boss gt6. Pros of the boss multi fx are they are durable, reliable and have a huge range of tones. Cons are there are so many settings itst hard to set up.
I'm not sure about the G1Xon or whatever but the G3X and G5 would probably be perfect for you. I'm a big fan of the old Boss ME50 too. Another option would be an Alesis Quadraverb (they're dirt cheap but sound great) and a midi controller pedalboard gadget.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
The G1xon has all the same effects etc as the G5 & G3, the only difference is it works in set patches rather than having control of each individual effect. Theyr e all editable in the same way, just not with the pedals.

They also have an aux input which is really useful for practicing.

Great pedals, I'd always recommend them.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by lucky1978
I'm not sure about the G1Xon or whatever but the G3X and G5 would probably be perfect for you. I'm a big fan of the old Boss ME50 too. Another option would be an Alesis Quadraverb (they're dirt cheap but sound great) and a midi controller pedalboard gadget.

+1 on the g3x, one of the best multi FX for that price.
Older Digitech units are great sounding an dirt cheap : the RP-1, RP-10 and RP-12.
Boss GT-5, GT-6 and Gt-10.
They may not have the bells and whistles of today's units, but their sounds are awesome.