http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2015/03/20/california_can_t_kill_its_kill_the_gays_ballot_measure.html#lf_comment=284767406

In Ugan- I mean California a lawyer has managed to push through a ballot initiative that would legalize the murder of gays in the state of California. All he needs to do is gather 365,880 signatures and then California voters would get to decide whether or not to legalize murdering gay people in 2016.

Go California!
In other news:

Beatles split.

Bear shits in woodland area.

Man invents wheel.
Ах, так вы не пьете и не курите?
Хорошо для вас: вы здоровым умрете!
Is this like the "trans panic" thing where you can use it as a defense in court for murder technically but you're never gonna get away with it?
Get your link action together.

That said, it's not like something stupid like this will pass.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by WaterGod
http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2015/03/20/california_can_t_kill_its_kill_the_gays_ballot_measure.html#lf_comment=284767406

In Ugan- I mean California a lawyer has managed to push through a ballot initiative that would legalize the murder of gays in the state of California. All he needs to do is gather 365,880 signatures and then California voters would get to decide whether or not to legalize murdering gay people in 2016.

Go California!

You do realize this would violate the constitution right?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
If this were 2010 I would post a big ol' screen stretching facepalm here

and not because of McLaughlin or whatever his name is
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Neo Evil11
You do realize this would violate the constitution right?

The only good news that comes from this is that there is nothing stopping you from proposing your ideas to a local government. The only retaliation you'd receive would be your own social suicide (in today's philosophy). This won't pass, but it's nice to know that even the dumbest of ideas are still looked at.
So, if you want to get away with murder in California, just plant a dildo on the body.
Quote by metal4eva_22
So, if you want to get away with murder in California, just plant a dildo on the body.

Yes. That is exactly how life works out in the US.
California legislators are currently debating other methods of screening out insane and/or murderous ballot initiatives, such as significantly raising the filing fee.

this is such a bad idea i dont even
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by metal4eva_22

In Florida, all it takes is a hoodie.
So this guy spent $200 on something that will never get put through. What a waste of money.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by JackSaints
So this guy spent $200 on something that will never get put through. What a waste of money.

That's not what the local legislators think.

Mo' money in the bank yehhhh.
Quote by Burgery

only idiots and crazy people couldn't pay an increased amount
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by Burgery

Why dont they just have like, 2 guys.

One guy says, hey this ballot looks a bit shitty and/or murderous, should we let it go through? Other guy says, no, cuz its shitty, murderous and shouldn't go though.

Somewhere in between there, automated bureaucracy took over.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Even if they did vote in favor for it(they won't), there's no way the federal government would actually allow thing.
Quote by Wormholes
Even if they did vote in favor for it(they won't), there's no way the federal government would actually allow thing.

Bingo.

All the feds see is mo' money in the bank. It really is that simple.
I read something about this yesterday I didn't know if it was serious.

It seems like serious trolling of the way California does referendums. But even if it "passes" it won't become law because the feds, California legislature, and human decency.
you'd think smoking the herb would chill them out a bit

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by metal4eva_22

If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Anyway, how can you kill gay people if being gay is just a choice?
Quote by snipelfritz
Anyway, how can you kill gay people if being gay is just a choice?

According to the proposal:

b) Seeing that it is better that offenders should die rather than that
all of us should be killed by God's just wrath against us for the folly
of tolerating-wickedness in our midst, the People of California wisely
command, in the fear of God, that any person who willingly touches another
person of the same gender for purposes of sexual gratification be put to
death by bullets to the head or by any other convenient method.
To be fair, The gays are already killing each other by spreading around the aids.

We might as well wait them out
ayy lmao
Quote by WaterGod
According to the proposal: "b) Seeing that it is better that offenders should die rather than that all of us should be killed by God's just wrath against us for the folly of tolerating-wickedness in our midst, the People of California wisely command, in the fear of God, that any person who willingly touches another person of the same gender for purposes of sexual gratification be put to death by bullets to the head or by any other convenient method."
does... has... is he... has he even read the new testament
so much freedom
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
unexpected move for cali hopefully they drop this issue and convince the federal gov to legalize ganga
Is it a law, a constitution reform, or what? I'd assume this would be against the constitution, so there'd be no point in trying to push it since it'd fail 100%, right? Why waste the time and effort of everybody if they force you to vote for or against it, if they will later remove it?
Quote by gonzaw
Why waste the time and effort

Someone is getting income because of this. Jobs. America. It will proceed until all involved get their share and then it will be deserted. Get with the program.
Quote by Zaphikh
The only good news that comes from this is that there is nothing stopping you from proposing your ideas to a local government. The only retaliation you'd receive would be your own social suicide (in today's philosophy). This won't pass, but it's nice to know that even the dumbest of ideas are still looked at.

This.
Quote by gonzaw
Is it a law, a constitution reform, or what? I'd assume this would be against the constitution, so there'd be no point in trying to push it since it'd fail 100%, right? Why waste the time and effort of everybody if they force you to vote for or against it, if they will later remove it?

It would be a state law (or maybe it was constitutional amendment, but basically a statute applicable only in California).

It won't be passed to begin with...but if I actually need to put this issue to rest...

Yes, it is clearly unconstitutional and would be negated via the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment to the US Constitution sodomy between two consenting adults being deemed (in the legal terminology) not the business of the state in the case of Lawrence v. Texas, and state law was determined to be subject to the 14th amendment long ago under the construct of incorporation.

Of course, the US court system is based on legal precedent of stare decisis and so the law itself cannot be put "up for trial" without a specific circumstanciality. Therefore, in order for the law to be found to violate the constitution and be negated, there would have to be an actual instance of someone being killed for being gay, the law being applied then someone suing the courts and taking the case through appellate circuits up to the supreme court, gain certiorari and be ruled in violation of the equal protection clause.

My terminology is a little rusty, so I may not be using the best terms for these concepts, but the basic ideas/legal constructs are there.

To answer your last question: Bigotry.
Last edited by snipelfritz at Mar 23, 2015,