Page 1 of 3
So I posted a thread last year and got few responses, but I'll try to keep this one going myself, at least. I just planted some veggies in a 4x10 raised bed, and I'm learning the ropes! Looking forward to a year full of harvest.
So far I've planted:
Broccoli
Spinach
Tomatoes (Better boy)
Green Bell Peppers

Going to figure out how to construct some support cages for my lil' tomato plants, but right now they don't need it.

Please feel free to post what you're growing this year! Any questions, advice, good resources, etc. are welcome as well.

I have help from a master gardener, so if I get any good tips, I'll let you guys in on the action.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Last edited by c3powil at Mar 22, 2015,

I'm tilling up my plot next week. I think it'll end up being around 12x20 feet. Corn, potatoes, tomatoes, peppers. Not sure what else we want yet.

I'd like to see progressive pictures of gardens in this thread, like weekly or something. That'd be cool.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I grew an erection and planted it in ur mom
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
way too early here. it snowed yesterday, anyway.

hoping my pomegranate bush will manage tho.
it probably won't but ya know, hope
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by eGraham

I'm tilling up my plot next week. I think it'll end up being around 12x20 feet. Corn, potatoes, tomatoes, peppers. Not sure what else we want yet.

I'd like to see progressive pictures of gardens in this thread, like weekly or something. That'd be cool.

I'll try to keep updated pics as best as I can. 12x20 is lot of space!

What method are you using? I'm sticking with square foot.

Quote by Eastwinn

Maybe try covering it with an old blanket or something. i know that works with fruits and veggies, but not so sure about a whole bush.
Last edited by c3powil at Mar 22, 2015,
Quote by Eastwinn

LOL that is shitty I'm sorry

I'm hoping my blueberry bushes produce this year
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

nah fuck it. if that awful plant can't tough it out year by year it can suck my dick. it's a plant, it shouldn't need me! it turns dirt and air into food and dares to complain? pithy motherfucker

EASTWINN will SWARM any motherfucker w/ the green chlorophyll
Got 1 plant in my apartment which I water with 1dl of water every week (well I forget most of the time but it's still alive (I think?) so whatever).

That qualifies me as a gardener, right?
what kind of plant
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

I want to have a garden but don't have my own yard

Maybe I'll get an apartment with a balcony and I'll grow herbs or something.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

I have been transplanting the purple Irises that have overgrown next to the house. I planted them about 2 years ago and they really took off. Those bulbs are really hardy so if I transfer some this growing season I am sure I will see some really great blooms next year due to the culling. we have a nice southern facing slope in our backyard which makes for good drainage and decent sunlight.

I would love to take advantage of the changing seasons and start an herb garden but Im not sure where to begin. Fresh cilantro and tomatoes for salsa would be awesome this summer.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Quote by eGraham
what kind of plant

No idea. It's green and has leaves. It's long too. Not a flower, I guess

EDIT:

Like this but bigger leaves

Last edited by sam b at Mar 22, 2015,
Fern probs

All you with no space need to look into container gardening. It's doable!
OOooh, I like this thread.

Maybe I'll get some a potted plants or something and put them on my balcony as I live in an apartment.

EDIT: I'd love to see some pics.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Last edited by snipelfritz at Mar 22, 2015,
we have hybrid tomatoes growing, accidentally cross pollinated cherry tomatoes and black Russian tomatoes and now have very sweet, slightly larger cherry tomatoes.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by MinterMan22
got my one little sad oregano bush ready to go

bb, I'll be your Linus any day.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I need to plant some poppies soon. No reason they are pretty flowers I swear thats it.
I picked up some 10-10-10 fertilizer tonight for my garden

Hype is real
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

I am planning on raising a venus flytrap.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
i had a weed plant once. it was small but brave. i think the cops took it. i mean, we hid it pretty good in the forest but obviously someone found it cos one day it was gone
banned
Quote by Wormholes
I need to plant some poppies soon. No reason they are pretty flowers I swear thats it.

my mom used to be all about those poppies. they were nice looking ye
Quote by Wormholes

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
I got my onions, potatoes and corn out yesterday. Got my tomatoes out today.

If I did everything right I might have some sprouts to show everyone by next week.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

is there anything on earth better than a fresh tomato from yr backyard sliced&diced and lightly seasoned cuz idk

idk i'm not actually into tomatoes, they are for everyone else

HOWEVER you can't beat a nice, fresh and firm garden potato
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

I'd like to grow stuff but the soil on the 4 acre field i live on is impossible. It's like beach sand with thin layer of grass. It used to be a watermelon field about a hundred years ago...never recovered from all the nutrients taken out I guess.
Most likely there are some plants that will survive in your soil, even if it is depleted.

Legumes, for example, pull nitrogen from the air and put it in the ground, so you don't need really fertile land to grow those to begin with.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Never heard of it.

All my parents and grandparents ever tried to grow every now and then out there was the southern favorites of peas, squash, tomatoes, and okra. Most of the time it always failed.
Legume is just a broad class of vegetables

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legume

"Well-known legumes include alfalfa, clover, peas, beans, lentils, lupins, mesquite, carob, soybeans, peanuts, tamarind, and the woody climbing vine wisteria."

If it interests you enough, you can send soil samples somewhere to see the pH, nutrient content and soil composition. Most people don't care enough to do that though
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Ya'll I completely forgot about this thread!

My garden is flourishing!
Quote by eGraham

If it interests you enough, you can send soil samples somewhere to see the pH, nutrient content and soil composition. Most people don't care enough to do that though

My skills as a gardener are pretty amateur. That's pro level stuff right there
Man, this thread makes me miss living with my parents. Massive vegetable garden. Being a student blows when you have no garden except a shitty paved patio and a dilapidated shed your fking nerd of a room mate sprays his warhammer in
As soon as I move out I'll be getting all up on it though. I grew tomatoes, cucumbers, broad beans, peas and raspberries when I was little.
Quote by c3powil
Ya'll I completely forgot about this thread!

My garden is flourishing!

Nice

I should've gone the raised garden route but I didn't know how much space I'd need. I know better for next year, though.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by eGraham
idk i'm not actually into tomatoes, they are for everyone else

HOWEVER you can't beat a nice, fresh and firm garden potato

yo real talks potatoes are GARBAGE compared to tomatoes no contest

Page 1 of 3