Godin isn't a common choice, but those are well-made guitars. I don't own one, but I've tried out Sessions, Progressions and a Velocity, and regret not buying at least one by now!

And that isn't a bad price. To compare, here's a factory second- new, but with a cosmetic flaw- for @$750:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Godin-032051-Redline-3-Trans-Amber-Flame-HG-RN-Electric-Guitar-Flaw-3049-/361212086746?_trksid=p2054897.l4275
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Mar 22, 2015,
Thanks for the feedback dudes!!

I have a fender strat right now, Mexican. HOw much do you think I can get for it?

The Godin just looks real nice!! Ill try to negotiate down to 375-400..
Quote by mikerockcity
Thanks for the feedback dudes!!

I have a fender strat right now, Mexican. HOw much do you think I can get for it?

The Godin just looks real nice!! Ill try to negotiate down to 375-400..

i don't think you could get more than $300 for a MIM strat. my MIM strat i have now, i paid $175 for. i have bought and sold a ton, but i never have paid more than $275.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I got the guitar today. Guitar looks great, sounds good.

However goes out of tune quick, quicker than my Fender which in retrospect compared to a lot of friends guitars was a beast as far as staying in tune.

I dont know if its like having a new girlfriend but after one night of jamming... I miss my Fender... even if she's a Mexican haha
There are all kinds of reasons why a guitar will go out of tune. Are the strings fresh & still stretching? Old and working on breaking? Are they properly wound? How's the setup?

Etc.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

HNGD

I'd rate Godin's QC above most - especially on a flagship model like the Redline 3. There's no doubt a simple (and fixable) reason it's not holding tune. Floyds can gum up a bit over time and stick a bit, not returning to true zero after hard playing, bombs or raises. Is it all strings and can you nudge it back into tune using the trem? Might just need a clean.
Charvel / Godin / Peavey / Marshall / AMT
Ya tonight I was jamming with my friends and I tuned it from the top of the neck not the rosewoood because on my high E string the knob on the rosewood was all the way cracked up.... now my High E string makes a buzz sound!!!
What do you mean "cracked up"?

Ah, that took me a while to figure out lol. You mean, you tuned it with the machine heads not the Floyd Rose fine tuner because that was screwed all the way in/out.

It sounds like you need to familiarise yourself with how a locking trem system works and how it should be set up. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226
^^ ya exactly.. I brought it to a friend at the guitar shop he told e the bridge was a little high and that he would give it a tune up and after that not to drop tuning and leave it standard ( or which ever string he puts in and places the bridge) Told him to leave it standard.
Good move I expect your tuning and buzzing issues will disappear.
Yes, you can't change tunings with a bridge like that unless you block it.
nice enjoy. i've liked the few godin's i've tried. do at times wonder why they aren't moe popular. despite being real close to canada here there isn't an authorized dealer in my area that i'm aware of.
I went to give a tune up at the store.

The guy at the store, not sure if its because he is a fan but said that this guitar is a war machine.

He also said that at 375 I paid a very good price because they are selling brand new for 900$ and that they are not producing them anymore and they will become somewhat of a collectors item.
Yeah, $375 is a steal on a 3 if it's in good nick. Did the setup resolve the tuning issue?
Yeah the tuning is on point. The string buzz a bit I guess its because its new string though.