i am looking to put new pickups in my third ibanez prestige. its a 1570.

i either want the Dimarzio Super Distortion and PAF 36, or the Dimarzio D-Activator neck and bridge.

they are very different, and i like them both, i just don't know what would be best. my other ibanez prestiges are a 3550mz and a 2570EVSL, the 3550mz has tonezone/air norton, and the 2570EVSL has a Crunch Lab and Liquifier.

i just don't know if i want something more classic rock oriented or some thing heavier.

i know that it is personal taste, but i am really at a loss, i like them both i just don't know which would do me better.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Buy both, A/B them in the guitar you intend to put them into, and pick the ones you like best for a permanent install.

...then buy another guitar to put the second set into!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Buy both, A/B them in the guitar you intend to put them into, and pick the ones you like best for a permanent install.

haha. i like them both, i just don't know which way i want to go. the CL and TZ in the bridge on the other two cover med/high output well, somewhat modern. i would prefer the third to be higher output, but i don't know if i want more vintage geared or modern.

i probably will buy a prestige some day and put the other set in, or get an ibanez MIJ to put the other in.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by dannyalcatraz

lol +1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
DiMarzio SD is awesome and can cover a fair amount of ground. had a couple of guitars with them and love them. thinkig of putting them into my BC Rich. never played the PAF 36 but do really like PAF+ (not sure if they still make them).
Quote by monwobobbo
DiMarzio SD is awesome and can cover a fair amount of ground. had a couple of guitars with them and love them. thinkig of putting them into my BC Rich. never played the PAF 36 but do really like PAF+ (not sure if they still make them).

i know. i love the SD, but i am not sure if i want it for the br00tz or for more classic shreddy type stuff.

i don't know much about either neck pickup.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
dunno you seem to have the shred thing already nailed with a couple of you other guitars. not sure if the SD would have the bass response for modern brootz. 80s metal and thrash it does great and for most hard rock stuff from the 60s on it excells at as well. siuper clean not so much.
i think my gut is telling me d-activators. i have a feeling that is what i will go with.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by dannyalcatraz

This !!!!