Hello musicians,
I am a guitarist and just starting to learn bass, which one of these (Ibanez or Squier VM jaguar) is better in term of playability, looks and sound? I tried em both but I couldn't trust myself which one sounded better, it felt the same to me , and the price is also the same. soooo ya I need vote!

please help, thank you
I've heard some pretty good things about the VM Jag bass, if you swap out the pickups it's a great recording instrument. Though if I were buying a Jag bass I'd spend a little more and get the Squier Troy Sanders signature. Even if you don't like Mastodon that one's pretty high quality for a Squier. Troy himself even says he uses it live sometimes because he can't feel the difference between the Fender and Squier versions.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
The Talman bass is too new for the internet to be much help but I can certainly recommend Ibanrez as a brand, every one of their products I've used has been stellar. The price point suggest it'll be of the same quality as the GSR series which are great on a budget but not really worth it in the long term.

I had a Squier VM Jaguar with the humbucker rather than PJ setup. It was a cracking bass but the active electronics didn't really do much for me, the frequencies they chose weren't very useable so it might as well have been a passive instrument.

I would recommend the Vintage Modified PJ Precision instead. Good versatility and build quality without the naff electronics. (It's about £30 more than the Jaguar though.)

There's also the Squier VM Bass VI which might make for an easier crossover. I recommend playing these instruments before you buy anything, there's a lot to bass guitars that are unique deal breakers and it's better to find them before you pay for them.
Quote by TheStig1214
I've heard some pretty good things about the VM Jag bass, if you swap out the pickups it's a great recording instrument. Though if I were buying a Jag bass I'd spend a little more and get the Squier Troy Sanders signature. Even if you don't like Mastodon that one's pretty high quality for a Squier. Troy himself even says he uses it live sometimes because he can't feel the difference between the Fender and Squier versions.

Thank you for your reply. I'm not planning to swap the pickup. Is ibanez only good for metal?
I haven't gotten a chance to play them, but these new Talman basses are quite intriguing to me - especially the tmb-100's big brother the tmb-300. It's got a humbucker in the bridge position with a coil tap, which is a pretty unique feature at that price point. I've always though a Ibanez are built well, play well, and sound good, but I've never been a big fan of the way they look. These actually look pretty snazzy.

The Squier Vintage Modified series is also very solid choice.

Bottom line your going to end up with a decent bass either-way.
Quote by Captain Insano
I haven't gotten a chance to play them, but these new Talman basses are quite intriguing to me - especially the tmb-100's big brother the tmb-300. It's got a humbucker in the bridge position with a coil tap, which is a pretty unique feature at that price point. I've always though a Ibanez are built well, play well, and sound good, but I've never been a big fan of the way they look. These actually look pretty snazzy.

The Squier Vintage Modified series is also very solid choice.

Bottom line your going to end up with a decent bass either-way.

Thank you for this comment, I ended up buying the Talman coz just like what u said ibanez are built well, play well, and this TMB100 has variety of sound.
Peace
Old thread...........dhenia182, how are you liking that bass? I just bought a white TMB100 and really like it.