Page 1 of 2
http://www.prsguitars.com/s2vela/

Mahogany Body, 'Type-D' Single coil in the neck, S2 HUmbucker in the bridge, Tele Barrel saddle-esque bridge.

What do you think?

It's too close to a Gretsch Corvette (probably what they're going for with the Dyna and all) for me, but it looks like a nice axe.
I love the Dynasonic.
PRS
(Invalid img) Gretsch
'91 Epiphone by Gibson Sheraton JLH
Godin 5th Avenue
ESP/LTD BELLA LUGOSI DRACULA
--
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Hughes & Kettner 1x12 w/ Vintage 30's
Fender Mustang II
VOX AD30VT
--
MXR Super Badass Distortion>Boss CE-5>Boss OC-3> ???
It looks cool but I hate PRS's habit of putting the controls as far away from your hands as possible. My new RD has the sort of the same issue....
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Shit guitar
The best, cheap guitar PRS ever made was the CE model
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Looks cool. Thats for sure.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Looks cool. Thats for sure.

I think the pic guard looks like ass
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Kind of a weird shape for an ass though?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Kind of a weird shape for an ass though?

nah, you obviously don't live in a bikini clad area
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
nah, you obviously don't live in a bikini clad area

I live in Canada. What the fuck is a bikini?

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Looks like a PRS?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
So horrible im gonna need a couple of minutes to research these pics and make comparisons
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
So horrible im gonna need a couple of minutes to research these pics and make comparisons

Come to NSB and there is no looking at a pic, that shit is real life (5-6 days a week at least)

But no shit I know 4 Playboy playmates that live here and I actually dated one of them. There are 10-15 pretty famous people that live around here and they are mostly cool.

I got drunk with Kevin Nash on saturday
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Mar 23, 2015,
time to rethink my choice of just staying and living here.

Thanks
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Dude, you're awesome. Seriously
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Bikini pics probably weren't entirely necessary in this thread...
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
I'm not a fan of the pick guard either it don't look like ass in a good way.
Quote by Robbgnarly
Shit guitar
The best, cheap guitar PRS ever made was the CE model

How exactly have you come to this conclusion never having even touched one?

Either way, looks gorgeous, very PRS but then slightly different and I'd totally try one, just...

WHY NOT 24 FRETS, GOD
Quote by TheLiberation
How exactly have you come to this conclusion never having even touched one?

Either way, looks gorgeous, very PRS but then slightly different and I'd totally try one, just...

WHY NOT 24 FRETS, GOD

It is not what I'd consider PRS quality. Sure it is a good guitar, just not a good PRS. I've tried many S2 guitars and they are decent, but not great like previous PRS models.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
That bridge was a terrible idea the first time around, it hasn't gotten any better.
Cry yourself to ash
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Bikini pics probably weren't entirely necessary in this thread...

What did I miss???!!

Axe looks ok, but a PRS with no birds? For that reason, I'm oot
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Why would they put such a crappy bridge? I can't tell from the pic but looks like you can't adjust the intonation for each string separately, so for me that is absolutely ridiculous. Even worse than the tele 3 saddle one
this is a completely new bridge.

nobody has seen or used it before and everyone thinks it's crap.

newsflash, the majority of players are going to use 9's or 10s on it. and it will likely intonate perfectly.

people may not like PRS, but paul isn't stupid. he wouldn't release a bridge that couldn't intonate for 99% of the players in the world.

jeebuz people try the thing before casting full doubt.
Quote by gregs1020

newsflash, the majority of players are going to use 9's or 10s on it. and it will likely intonate perfectly.

people may not like PRS, but paul isn't stupid. he wouldn't release a bridge that couldn't intonate for 99% of the players in the world.

Like I asked in the spam thread, do you know when it's coming out?

I don't think it is. Looks like Thomanns is the only place listing them (that I can find) and they don't have any in.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I really, really, really like it. I've only got an S2 Mira at the shop, I could probably put an order in to stock one, hmm...
Last edited by JustRooster at Mar 24, 2015,
Quote by gregs1020

Well since 1997ish PRS has been run by other people than paul. he sold out his shares
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by The Judist
What did I miss???!!

Axe looks ok, but a PRS with no birds? For that reason, I'm oot

They took my awesome ass pics down
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
hey maybe it's not out. i called my local SA store and they don't have any in yet. they'll call when they get one in. the S2 with the best feel at that store happens to be a mira that just all out rocks. that's the guitar that's turned me on the S2's. i was a hater until i tried that one.

Quote by Robbgnarly
Well since 1997ish PRS has been run by other people than paul. he sold out his shares

well he's doing a great job of faking it 18 years later. people seemed to listen to him when i was there.
Quote by gregs1020
hey maybe it's not out. i called my local SA store and they don't have any in yet. they'll call when they get one in. the S2 with the best feel at that store happens to be a mira that just all out rocks. that's the guitar that's turned me on the S2's. i was a hater until i tried that one.

well he's doing a great job of faking it 18 years later. people seemed to listen to him when i was there.

Oh he deff has a say in what goes on, but he is not the final say anymore

The S2 are not bad, they have (the few I have tried) just lacked that little something that makes PRS great guitars
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Mar 25, 2015,
I can't see how it can intonate, really. I agree they don't put out crap...but why take a set backward, c'mon...2 adjustments for 6 strings. I would never buy, no matter what they say

With at least 3, like a tele, at least you can get close by angling them, with 2, the middle one will always be halfway between the other 2.

their attitude must be...well we can get the intonation close, and this is a lot cheaper for us, so lets use it...lol, cheap bastards
Last edited by Tempoe at Mar 25, 2015,
Quote by Tempoe
I can't see how it can intonate, really. I agree they don't put out crap...but why take a set backward, c'mon...2 adjustments for 6 strings. I would never buy, no matter what they say

Some people will spend big bucks to get something that looks 'vintage', even if it isn't.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
When Chevy introduced the Corvette at auto shows, I'm sure there were people who thought it wouldn't handle a corner well by just looking at it.
4 screws makes no difference, my point stands on the center string. Now i've seen it, I still feel the same, so whatever, never gonna buy one obviously, just recommending others don't bother either
I can pick up used CEs, Standards, and Customs with the price of these S2

Just reissue the CE back already.
Quote by boblittle
http://www.prsguitars.com/s2vela/

Mahogany Body, 'Type-D' Single coil in the neck, S2 HUmbucker in the bridge, Tele Barrel saddle-esque bridge.

What do you think?

It's too close to a Gretsch Corvette (probably what they're going for with the Dyna and all) for me, but it looks like a nice axe.
I love the Dynasonic.
PRS
(Invalid img) Gretsch

dang , kinda looks familiar
Quote by Tempoe
4 screws makes no difference, my point stands on the center string. Now i've seen it, I still feel the same, so whatever, never gonna buy one obviously, just recommending others don't bother either

You intonate the middle string, then pivot the whole thing back and forth for the other strings. It will be a near perfect intonation. Will it ever be completely perfect? It could be, but probably not.

However, that hasn't bothered telecaster players for literally 60+ years. Let's not make it out to be a bigger deal than it is. Maybe it matters to you more than others, but if you think that's cause to try and dismiss it for others, I'd suggest a little perspective.

I feel like we're all a group of people standing around a brand new car, and folks are saying "It's a piece of shit, look at that tire tread, it must have so much road noise!"

Anyway, I called my PRS rep and purchasing department yesterday and put an order in for my store to stock one. When I get it, I'll give you guys my verdict. I'm rather lukewarm on the S2 Custom 24 and Starla, but love the Mira.
Quote by JustRooster
You intonate the middle string, then pivot the whole thing back and forth for the other strings. It will be a near perfect intonation. Will it ever be completely perfect? It could be, but probably not.

Yeah, close to good is good enough for some I guess. So you intonate the center one, the one on the left needs to go forward, that means the one on the right NEEDS to go back, but maybe for proper intonation it has to go forward, so you are fukced..Like I said in my 1st post, even 3 saddles like the tele would be better

As for people being happy with the 50s tele, many famous tele players complained and modified the original crap intonation bridge.

The three-saddle bridge of the original has been replaced with a six-saddle version, allowing independent length and height adjustment for each string.

I rest my case.

Have to feel this is a cheap solution to look retro that works against physics for the sake of...well I don't get it.
Last edited by Tempoe at Mar 26, 2015,
Quote by Tempoe
Yeah, close to good is good enough for some I guess. So you intonate the center one, the one on the left needs to go forward, that means the one on the right NEEDS to go back, but maybe for proper intonation it has to go forward, so you are fukced..Like I said in my 1st post, even 3 saddles like the tele would be better

As for people being happy with the 50s tele, many famous tele players complained and modified the original crap intonation bridge.

The three-saddle bridge of the original has been replaced with a six-saddle version, allowing independent length and height adjustment for each string.

I rest my case.

Have to feel this is a cheap solution to look retro that works against physics for the sake of...well I don't get it.

Somehow I doubt that.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Page 1 of 2