Right now there's a guy selling me a strat, I've always wanted to have one, but I have some doubts about the authenticity, this is supposed a Standard MiM Strat, shouldn't the headstock have more letters on it? and not just the Fender logo and the "Stratocaster" thing on?

Here are some photos

I hope someone can help me.

EDIT

HERE ARE THE PHOTOS FOR REAL

Last edited by BentonTarantela at Mar 23, 2015,
Your image links are broken. Anyway, it might be authentic. Depending on the year, there have been standard strats with all sorts of different configurations of text and logos on the headstocks. But yeah, get those images fixed, and we can try to be sure.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
^ A '94, I think?

Anyway, the modern ones look pretty much like that, but the serial number and "made in mexico" marks are moved to the back of the headstock. And they have the little "Original Contour Body" decal on the front of the headstock, right on the upper circle part.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Looking at Fender's site and some other places, some MIM's do have that logo, but I would run the numbers if possible to be sure, the lack of the 'original contour body' decal is suspect.
Cry yourself to ash
Hmm. The fact that it doesn't have the "original contour body" decal anywhere is a little weird, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not real. The placement and even presence of that decal changes almost yearly, and I don't have another 2010 model on hand to look at right now. In every other way, that looks perfectly fine, though. And even if it is a fake, it's a fake mexican Fender. So, it's not like it's a knockoff of some super expensive, fancy guitar. Try it out. If it feels and sounds good, and he's asking $400 or less, go for it and don't worry about it.

Also, checking the serial number with Fender won't necessarily solve anything. When people are making fakes, if they even bother putting a serial number on it, they'll take the number from a picture of a real one, so the serial number is probably legit either way, and Fender won't be able to tell you anything.
Guitars
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Last edited by the_bi99man at Mar 23, 2015,