So this is my idea for a hidden camera/youtube style prank and I was wondering if they're could be any real trouble if I went through with it.

Me and some buddies go to a McDonald's they dress business casual, I have a paper bag over my head with "I am not famous" written on it - so I appear to be Shia LaBeouf. They tell the employee working they're for a celebrity client, and his very particular about his food all while I'm standing they're silently. They order something stupid for like a dollar, but then I step in and write out a super phony looking check for like a billion dollars and give it to the employee and then just leave. Hopefully it would out in a hilarious manner, with many wtf reactions.

Do you think writing a super, phony Bologna, check could land me me in any trouble? That's the only concern with that plan.

U.S. jurisdiction.

Also I guess you could tell me if its a funny idea or not.
Last edited by Captain Insano at Mar 23, 2015,
pretty sure if you say "Its just a prank bro, chill" you're safe from any trouble
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by Bladez22
pretty sure if you say "Its just a prank bro, chill" you're safe from any trouble

I was thinking that same thing, when I was stoned and thinking about this. But when I was sober, I though people might Be funny about bad checks.
everything worth doing is illegal

so you should be safe
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by bujubantonce
The only concern you have with this plan is the check?

I figured moderate douchiness was legal.
I think it's really hit or miss. Those McDonalds pranksters on YouTube get lucky when they meet people with a good sense of humor. If anything they would probably just be a little annoyed if they didn't get the joke or if they don't think it was funny
Quote by Captain Insano

sadly, yes
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Quote by Captain Insano

Sometimes you've gotta pick between doing the legal thing, and doing the right thing
Quote by bujubantonce
Sometimes you've gotta pick between doing the legal thing, and doing the right thing

I totally sacrifice my morals when faced with comedy.

I'm super nice though when there's no comedy at stake.
Legal trouble for prank?
Better Call Saul.

Haaa.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Maybe you should plan a prank that involves learning the difference between "they're" and "there" instead.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
Maybe you should plan a prank that involves learning the difference between "they're" and "there" instead.

I'm a method comic, and I'm tryin to dive into the insanity that is Shia LaBeuof brain - I don't know, because he doesn't know.
Quote by Captain Insano
I'm a method comic, and I'm tryin to dive into the insanity that is Shia LaBeuof brain - I don't know, because he doesn't know.

Maybe you would be better off going with Kurt Cobain in that case.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
Maybe you would be better off going with Kurt Cobain in that case.

I have access to a paper bag and a go pro.

How am I supposed to set up a conspiracy murder and cover up? Getting Courtney love to agree to help would probably be the easiest part.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
ya damn kids

Don't you remember when pit was like a 3rd cousin to b/? I miss those days, they were fun.
Quote by Captain Insano
I have a paper bag over my head with "I am not famous" written on it - so I appear to be Shia LaBeouf.

See... this pop culture stuff is recognizable to you, but not everyone gets the reference. In all honesty, you could face a hostile encounter with locals who find events outside of the norm to be a heist. Putting on a display of the Absurd is all good fun, but be aware that not everyone smiles at it when they see it. It can incite fear, especially with a paper bag over the head and bizarre financial exchanges. Just some thoughts to consider.
Ах, так вы не пьете и не курите?
Хорошо для вас: вы здоровым умрете!
I doubt criminal mischief but I wonder if the guy you give the check to can turn around and try and sue you for the money.

Maybe just concentrate on catching up to Ottawa and making the playoffs would be wiser.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

i don't think you would get in much trouble. I don't think it would be very funny either.
First off, it isn't funny. Even in the slightest. Not even a wiggle down there.

But second, I have no idea what you're referencing and I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't either. Coming in with a bag over your head with your friends acting all suspicious, they'll probably think you are robbing the place, and subsequently you'll end up shot.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Last edited by RCA1186 at Mar 24, 2015,
Regardless of whether it's legal it's really not funny.

So in short, no you shouldn't do it.
Manchester United
Quote by Captain Insano
(...) I was wondering if they're could be any real trouble if I went through with it.

This sentence is all I'm taking away from this thread.
Depends where you live, and the "X" factor of people in general, but there is a chance that on walking in with your head disguised some misguided manager might just pull out a .45 and put a hole in your chest you could fly a quadcopter through.

He'd probably be in the right, too, given you presented as a potential threat.

Things were a lot different when I was a kid. Should have been shot many times. Then it was the 1990's, so worst that happened back then was OJ. Yah..

Times have changed!!
Captain Insano shows no mercy!
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I always preferred to spin a penny on the table and slam the salt down on it so the next person who goes to put salt on gets a pile of salt on the table instead!

That or you can dump the salt out somewhere and fill it up with sugar.

Probably safe with either of those unless you're totally obvious about it.

Or how about this: go in the bathroom and make all kinds of violent farting and liquid squirting sounds, moan and groan and cry out as if you are evacuating the contents of your colon due to food poisoning.

Geez, kids these days have no sense of creativity!
I don't know who the fvck Shia Laboeuf is
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine