I've recently started learning violin, and although I can read sheet music fine from playing piano, converting it into actual fingering is still taking a hell of a long time because I have to write it out as a tab.

I don't know if there's anyone else on here who plays violin, but ukelele tabs did get added and there's a section in the forums for drums etc.

Basically I'm currently dealing with little scraps of paper floating around with my tabs written on them, I thought it would be cool if I could put them up on here, but as there's no section for violin I'd have to just put "violin" in the title and then put it under guitar or uke tab anyway.

If I did this, do you think it would actually get accepted, (because if not there's no point in my typing it out) and is it something you think there's any chance UG might expand to include?
For an example of what I mean, I just wrote this tab for "Close Every Door To Me"

This is a semi-tone up. For the correct
key tune a half-step down.

E|-------|--------|-------|-------|-------|-------|
A|---0---|--------|-----0-|-2-1-0-|---0---|-------|
D|-----2-|-3-0#---|---2---|-------|-3---2-|-3-----|
G|-3-----|------3-|-3-----|-------|-------|-------|

Where the number is each finger placement, which is
a number of whole tones above the open string, and
a # indicates that it's a semitone up from that, so
the 0# is D#.
Tabs for violin are not useful. They only work for the first position, and are only marginally easier than the traditional notation for that purpose. Once you get past first position they stop having any value at all. On top of that you lose all the note values and articulation markings from standard notation.

Beginner music for violin often has fingerings written above the notes. I'd suggest notating your own music with fingerings above the notes. It gets you the same result as the tabs but it will help you begin to become fluent in playing from sheet music. Once you become more comfortable with recognizing on the fly which fingerings go with which notes, you'll see why the tabs are unnecessary.

Tabs are great for fretted instruments. For the violin I think it's just not valuable at all. Fingerings are an important thing to learn and the tabs might let you play things faster early on, but if you want to play anything even remotely advanced they're going to hold you back. Plus, why reinvent the wheel? Translating to tabs is just going to slow you down in the long run. Anything you could ever want to play is available in standard notation, I think it's far smarter to take a few months to learn basic fingering. Then the entire canon is available to you instantly.

I'd be more than happy to help you with notation or fingerings if you'd like. It can certainly be frustrating to learn, but it will pay off in the long term.
A lot of teachers actually teach violin in this way already. I'm a classical musician and think that to pick any instrument for the first time has to be made easier. Moving to proper notation can happen quickly or slowly. I would find this very useful. Guitar tab is no different, just because there are no frets on violin makes no difference. - there is no sense of rhythm or articulation on guitar tab either! I think notation and tab are only useful side by side (or above each other really).
As a teaching tool for beginners, yes, it can be a decent tool, but I think you're referring merely to attaching fingerings to first position notes. I don't think tabs themselves, as a primary way of writing out music, have any real value. They're a crutch that will only slow down the learning process if not attached to reading standard notation.

I learned by fingerings first, but the transition to reading standard notation extends naturally from that, and should be part of the learning process. Playing by fingerings alone is far too limiting to substitute for learning how to read music.
Tab notation is based on frets or half-steps, so surely "0#" should be "1". Limiting beginner fingering may be useful for clarity's sake, but surely consider more well-seasoned musicians who appreciate the sound of different string textures. An experienced strings player will instinctively know how to play written notes to best effect, and tablature is too constraining and prescriptive.

When I learned to play viola (second instrument; first instrument piano), the first books had note names attached to the note heads and locations to play notes (in first position of course). Afterwards, it was easier to transition to different positions based on what was written in the music. Violin/viola/cello tabs give no flexibility in that respect.

I think we should aim to divorce violin and guitar notations, because the simplification thus removes hundreds of years of notation and pedagogical history from the violin. When trained violinists saw the music written in Western notation, they implicitly knew of when to put what where, and adding an outsider's prescriptions may help the less advanced, but what matters (or at least, in the Baroque era, did matter), is the virtuosity and the power of the performer to explicate on what was written, not what editors added to the notation.

Meanwhile, guitar notation has always been more shape-based, more dogmatic, and that's why tabs work so well for it, even though sheet music doesn't fare as well.

@c#07: I disagree with you on tabs not having rhythm or articulation. It may be so for some tab creators, but not all the time. In particular, guitar magazine publishers will include enough rhythmic and articulation information (bends, vibrato, etc.) for people to get it.
^ I think the problem here is that the OP confused beginner, fixed first position fingerings with tabs; I suspect that in their system, 1 always equals A, E, B, F# because most beginner books will purposefully use keys and melodies in G, D, and E Major that never move the first finger (or third or fourth, if it can be helped) from a fixed position position. So OP is forced to use the awkward "0#" because they haven't been introduced to half steps in a meaningful way.

Typically for beginners the 1, 3, 4th fingers don't move at all and the second is used to introduce the idea of half steps with C and C# on the A string and F and F# on the D, G and G# on the E. Your use of tab in half steps is correct, but I don't think the OP has gotten far enough in their studies to realize it or use tab correctly. This isn't really tab, it's a homegrown fingering/tab hybrid system based on beginner fixed fingerings. I think they're just using fingerings in basic first position for common keys like you see in beginner books.
Then I am even more confused. The fingering tape was always placed WWH step-wise (so pressing on each piece of tape on the A-string would produce B, C#, and D), which would clearly indicate some type of uneven interval, some form of half-distance between tapes 2 and 3 as opposed to open-1 and 1-2. And thus it would make more sense to readily recognize a perfect fourth (open-3) as opposed to a tritone (open-notated 3).

This is the melody (as sung by the St. Phillips Boy's Choir, transposed to A-minor):

which would indicate that before writing these things down

E|-------|---------||-------|-------|-------|-------|
A|---0---|-------o-||-----0-|-2-1-0-|---0---|-------|
D|-----2-|-3-0---o-||---2---|-------|-3---2-|-3-----|
G|-3-----|------3--||-3-----|-------|-------|-------|

it may do good for the OP to ear-train his intervals (mainly tritones) more and work with good ol' sheet music written by others first. (Not discouraging him from trying to transcribe later, but train other things like technique before taking on something as nuanced as notation and transcription.
To be honest I ignored the OP's tab, I imagine it may simply be incorrect.

I suspect that OP was using tapes, and simply assigning the tapes (not steps) a number. So A, E, B, F# are the "1" positions across all four strings, those being one step up from the open and that being where the first tape strip is placed. It would correspond simply to the fingerings one would write above those notes on staff, assuming it were played only in first position. The bolded 2 would be marked "low" or with a downward arrow to indicate that it was a half step below where the "2" tape was marked.

Translating to what I suspect was OP's system, from your snippet of melody we get:
[font="Courier New"]
    low     low          low     low   low
E|-------|---------||-------|-------|-------|-------|
A|---2-0-|-1-----o-||---0-2-|-4-3-2-|-1-2-0-|-1-----|
D|-1-----|---2-1-o-||-1-----|-------|-------|-------|
G|-------|---------||-------|-------|-------|-------|
[/FONT]

Which would correspond simply to the fingerings one would write above those notes, assuming it were played only in first position. The 2nd finger on A and D would be marked "low" or with a downward arrow to indicate that it was a half step below where the second tape on the fingerboard. (a 2 without "low" above it would be C# and F#, respectively, and right on the tape.)

Essentially I think OP confused "fingerings" with "tabs" because for a beginner they can be the same thing, if you number your tabs as tape lines instead of as half-steps.