My only personal experience with Rondo is their SX bass that I currently have. I have a love hate relationship with this bass. The tone is actually really killer, and it is a super comfortable bass to play. The construction on the other hand? COMPLETE ASS The knobs come loose constantly, the input jack is always getting loose, the thing CANNOT stay in tune.

This being said, I understand that the SX is, of course, a very cheap bass. Do Rondo's more expensive axes have a bit more value in their construction? I plan on replacing the pickups with DiMarzio's regardless, so the stock pickups are not a concern to me.

http://www.rondomusic.com/product7533.html
Fender MIM Strat HSS (DiMarzio Crunch Lab)
Peavey 6505+ 112

If you want, I can mix/master your tracks for free just so I can practice and who knows, maybe you'll love what you hear! Hit me up.
Yeah, I own one. It's a nice guitar and I even have the original pickups in it after 2-3 years of playing it. That's saying something with a $300 guitar. Right from the factory it had a flawless finish, nice level/smooth frets and great sustain. I've only bought one guitar from Rondomusic but it's been my main gigging guitar since I bought it. Holds tune really well too.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
Quote by evmac
Yeah, I own one. It's a nice guitar and I even have the original pickups in it after 2-3 years of playing it. That's saying something with a $300 guitar. Right from the factory it had a flawless finish, nice level/smooth frets and great sustain. I've only bought one guitar from Rondomusic but it's been my main gigging guitar since I bought it. Holds tune really well too.

Do you have any songs or anything I can hear that were recorded with the guitar?
Peavey 6505+ 112

If you want, I can mix/master your tracks for free just so I can practice and who knows, maybe you'll love what you hear! Hit me up.
It's nice. Get one.
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Quote by BV-95
Do you have any songs or anything I can hear that were recorded with the guitar?

Yeah I recorded this whole album with it, though it's tone is more a product of a Valveking with 2 stock speakers and a Bad Monkey than anything

http://thoroughbredracingpigeon.bandcamp.com/album/peons
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
Quote by evmac
Yeah I recorded this whole album with it, though it's tone is more a product of a Valveking with 2 stock speakers and a Bad Monkey than anything

http://thoroughbredracingpigeon.bandcamp.com/album/peons

Sounds pretty good, although you said the guitar isn't much to do with it. Your testimony that the construction is solid is more important to me, though.
Peavey 6505+ 112

Worth noting that the SX, Douglas and Hadean guitars are not exclusive to Rondo Music. Kurt just buys and resells.

The Agiles, however, are RondoMusic only, and a whole different story.
Perhaps the best deal on the entire site at the moment is the AL-3100MC at $299:

http://www.rondomusic.com/product7533.html

Oh, and I have three Agile ALs (all three have Floyds), including a 24-fret AL-2000 Floyd (tilted neck heel), an AL-3100 Floyd, and a custom neck-through version.
I always wondered how they could sell these things so cheap. They're pretty obviously better than a lot of their Epiphone counterparts in terms of feel and durability. Do the electronics in these things suck or something? Where are they cutting the cost?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
I always wondered how they could sell these things so cheap. They're pretty obviously better than a lot of their Epiphone counterparts in terms of feel and durability. Do the electronics in these things suck or something? Where are they cutting the cost?

The cut in cost is in not having to put "Epiphone" or "Gibson" on the headstock
Peavey 6505+ 112

Quote by BV-95
The cut in cost is in not having to put "Epiphone" or "Gibson" on the headstock

Well, Jay Turser makes LP's of the same price, and theirs suck.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster

they use the same model as Carvin does. direct sales so no middle man that ups the pricce. i also believe they work on volume sales rather than trying to make a bunch of cash off each guitar. they also use mainly locally sourced materials which also cuts down of costs.
I have the $225 version (I think the 2100?). I bought in in 2010, and it still sounds amazing. And this includes not playing/touching it for about 14-15 months. I have since bought a fender strat, and I feel between the two I can get any sound I want. I would definitely recommend.
Quote by Quibbles
I have the $225 version (I think the 2100?). I bought in in 2010, and it still sounds amazing. And this includes not playing/touching it for about 14-15 months. I have since bought a fender strat, and I feel between the two I can get any sound I want. I would definitely recommend.

This is intensely reassuring since I currently use a Fender Strat
Peavey 6505+ 112

I have a 7 string AL and I love it. construction is very solid, stock pickups were ok, fit and finish are amazing. ive had it a little over 2 years and my love for it has not lessened one bit. got it for $399 too. these things could easily be sold for more.

again just to hammer on what others have said, don't let the SX/douglas(s?)/hadeon deter you from rondo. the agile stuff has had a pretty good reputation for several years running now. and if you live in the lower 48, there's a pretty good exchange/reimbursement policy if your axe shows up at your door damaged.

edited to add a photo and further your gas

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Last edited by SYLrules88 at Mar 24, 2015,
Quote by SYLrules88

edited to add a photo and further your gas

you mother ****er
Peavey 6505+ 112