Hi, I just wanted to know what is the best granular synth guitar pedal out there for guitars that is around 100-200 dollars new or used. I already know they say the Electro-Harmonix Superego synth pedal is one of the best, but I always run into issues that are already based on my budget, like the Roland Synth pedal is around $700!!!! Just wanted to know what is the best pedal including the Superego, because I'm desperate right now to find one and add it to my pedal collection!!!!

Sincerely Yours,

Neuthrone, Bassist and Lead Vocalist of GALLIUM
An airy, soundscapy, old celestion type of keyboard/synth sound type pedal, something that sounds like what Fallujah used on their song Sapphire, and the album, The Flesh Prevails, that sort of synth pedal.
if price wasn't your concern, Moog, always.
Quote by Charles Ives
Stand up and take your dissonance like a man. I don't write music for sissy ears.

Quote by Béla Bartók
Competitions are for horses, not artists.

Ambient Symphonic Depressive Southern Melodic Blackened Death/Doom Metal
Quote by griffindor1944
what is the best granular synth guitar pedal out there for guitars
Do you know what a granular synth is?
Quote by griffindor1944
I already know they say the Electro-Harmonix Superego synth pedal is one of the best, but I always run into issues that are already based on my budget, like the Roland Synth pedal is around $700!!!!
These are two completely different things.

The supergo tracks analog audio, basically understands what you're playing and puts some funny sounds under it.

The roland guitar synth system is a hexaphonic pick up you put on your guitar, it converts everything into midi and then lets you play whatever sounds with that midi data.
Quote by griffindor1944
An airy, soundscapy, old celestion type of keyboard/synth sound type pedal, something that sounds like what Fallujah used on their song Sapphire, and the album, The Flesh Prevails, that sort of synth pedal.
Get something of the sorts of a quadraverb 2.

If it absolutely has to be a pedal then the supergo's gonna work, or a digitech space station, or a POG-like pedal paired with a delay and a reverb.
Quote by EntropicDiscord
if price wasn't your concern, Moog, always.
Moog fx for guitars though aren't synth engines.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I do not think that I have seen a pedal that qualifies as a "Granular Synthesizer." Everything in that category that I have seen is a computer program. You are talking about some pretty involved capabilities, there:

https://www.soundonsound.com/sos/dec05/articles/granularworkshop.htm

Most stomp box synthesizers are little more than Envelope Filters, which was one of the primary elements of the analog synthesizers of the 1970s. The few synth pedals that go beyond that are limited production, expensive units that often require the installation of a "Hex" pickup to make them work.

Of course, there is always the Moog Taurus III. And you won't even need your guitar!

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Get something of the sorts of a quadraverb 2.

If it absolutely has to be a pedal then the supergo's gonna work, or a digitech space station, or a POG-like pedal paired with a delay and a reverb.

But does this sound like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPypRw7yvVQ

I really want to know what pedal this is, and if it is affordable around the $100 range?
The sound of Sapphire always dazzles me, mostly due to the fact that the guitars are the synthesizers, not any keyboard or synthesizer at all!!!!
Quote by griffindor1944
I really want to know what pedal this is, and if it is affordable around the $100 range?
It likely is an AXE FX, not a pedal.
Quote by griffindor1944
The sound of Sapphire always dazzles me, mostly due to the fact that the guitars are the synthesizers, not any keyboard or synthesizer at all!!!!
The sound comes from a synthesizer which is controlled by the guitar.

Guitars aren't synths.

Yes a quadraverb 2 can sound like that, among other things.
You'll not sound exactly like that anyway 'cause there's mixing involved in them songs, while you'd be playing live.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.