You blind m8? it's right there
6 14%
I can't see diddley
10 24%
Fake and gay
26 62%
Voters: 42.
Page 1 of 2
The cover of Crononaughts has an optical illusion in it that only 1 in 15 people can see. Look at the watch on the left here.

http://www.dailydot.com/geek/mark-millar-sean-murphy-chrononauts-optical-illusion/

Yes, most people see the broken watch-face with no hands. 1 in 15 see a diff picture entirely. Super-creative brain sees it differently. It's a semi-rare sporadic form of color-blindness due to abnormal wiring in occipital lobe. What's interesting is the artistic brains--they're all right-brain dominant which means artists, musicians, writers more likely to see the hourglass than the clock face.

(Invalid img)

So do you see it? I can't see diddley.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Mar 24, 2015,
I never got why people think their wrist hourglasses are so nice and fancy. They're so ugly
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Nope
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
fake and gay
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Also how does color blindness mean you're super creative?
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

You're full of shit and I don't appreciate you tricking me like that
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by FireFromTheVoid
Also how does color blindness mean you're super creative?
Other way around. Super creative people are less color blind.

I think it's just some scientific correlation.
Quote by snipelfritz

i think a lot of this left/right brain stuff is oversimplified bullshit.

ever since i was in elementary school: "o, u like art. u r right brain." and "u like math? left brain."

i'm no expert, but i think it's a little more complicated and nuanced than that.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
What I see is that this person designed the watch to be all backwards from a typical design. The crown and date are on the opposite side, not to mention that the crown is massive. You'd think that it was just upside down, but the 12 hour marker is more likely to be the triangle rather than the rectangle where the 6 hour marker is on the dial. There are two visible lugs and they're uneven, so you gotta wonder how the watch is staying together. What are those rectangle things on the bezel? Also, the chronograph buttons (that's probably what they are but this watch doesn't even have a chronograph button. I mean, there's a date complication so why not add the other ones in the art, as well?) which are typically on the same side as the crown but that is not the case here.

#justwatchnerdthings
Free Ali
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Other way around. Super creative people are less color blind.

I think it's just some scientific correlation.

I'm pretty sure that quote you posted is saying that super-creative brains get some kind of semi-rare form of color blindness or something
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I'm pretty sure that quote you posted is saying that super-creative brains get some kind of semi-rare form of color blindness or something
That's explaining why everyone else can't see it.
Quote by snipelfritz

Because we don't have the color blindness or because 14 out of 15 people are color blind
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
Because we don't have the color blindness or because 14 out of 15 people are color blind
Actually, yeah, looking back, I am wrong and dumb.
Quote by snipelfritz

if you tilt your head to the right slightly, the cracks in the watch face form a shitty hourglass shape. i win
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
open in gimp
image->hue-saturation

it's clearly not there
i don't know why i feel so dry
Dentective Eastwinn is on the case
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

guys the dress is white and gold ok
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
it's turning from light yellow to dark orange right? is that what I'm supposed to be seeing?

Quote by jakesmellspoo
i think a lot of this left/right brain stuff is oversimplified bullshit.

ever since i was in elementary school: "o, u like art. u r right brain." and "u like math? left brain."

i'm no expert, but i think it's a little more complicated and nuanced than that.

huu

I sometimes hear people use that in arguments. "ur a right brain person wtf do you know".
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Mar 24, 2015,
Quote by slipknot5678
I sometimes here people

lol whatta left brain
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Ssargentslayer
I can see it right there guys. Its not fake.

If you can see it, take a screenshot and show me to prove it.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

I see a line going over that guy's shoulder.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by eGraham
If you can see it, take a screenshot and show me to prove it.

It's right there!
I see it

Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

i can see their face veins if i tilt my screen at an upward angle.
Quote by Ssargentslayer
I can see it right there guys. Its not fake.
It sucks how I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic. ;__;
Quote by snipelfritz

no this is ridiculous and why is the yellow line on the watch strap in front of that stoned looking dude
I reversed the colours in PS like they said they did so 90% of people could see it. I got this

I multiplied the shit of it so even subtle differences in colour should be more apparent and got this

I'm p sure this is fake and gay.
Quote by Eastwinn
open in gimp
image->hue-saturation

it's clearly not there

I tried in Photoshop adjusting curves. My findings are the same.

Please note that these are people in the visual arts fields saying this and not Ph.Ds on colour perceptions (something something psychology pseudoscience). Also, apparently 1% is 1 in 15?

It seems bogus, but I'll keep an open mind.
Free Ali
I'm surprised nobody noticed the old lady's face on the far right of the picture.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I wonder if maybe it's only visible on the actual comic itself. They never really say.
But the verdict seems to be unanimous.
Fake and gay.
I'm soo sorry.
Quote by snipelfritz

Quote by chrismendiola
these are people in the visual arts fields saying this

who, me?
i don't know why i feel so dry
Mark Millar is the one that owes the world an apology for this dumb shit.
Page 1 of 2