Hey guys, just wanted to share my new video/song with you guys since this is a guitar forum i'd love to hear your feedback. A lot of work went into this one musically and visually. If you guys have any compliments/questions/ criticism i'd love to hear them thanks! I will also check out your stuff as well if you tell me to on the comments. thanks! link below!
also if you enjoy the song i'm uploading it to my soundcloud and feel free to download it!

Video Link for Song
Wonderful guitar playing. The song is also very well done. The only thing I didn't like about the video was the parts where its just a shot of the singer standing there screaming. I don't really know what would fit better, I just felt that it was weird.
Fender MIM Strat HSS (DiMarzio Crunch Lab)
Peavey 6505+ 112

If you want, I can mix/master your tracks for free just so I can practice and who knows, maybe you'll love what you hear! Hit me up.
I ****ing love the playing. if I could improve on what was stated above me concerning the singer, it looked a bit silly. But I did not give a shit about the video, I Minimized it and sat thoroughly enjoying the music.
@((0_o))@
Thanks for looking and for your input on the video. Maybe next time we can think of something different for the vocals
Balls and chunk! I dig the video concept and the synchronizing of the channels in post production were perfect. The singer needs a throat lozenge... he sounds a bit congested (that's funny). If he were to be videoed in a better background context and maybe even given a dummy mic so he can get into it a little bit more, then that production would be full marks.

Great piece.
thanks you glad you took the time to check it out. Yeah next time hopefully he'll get more into it
The vocals are too aggressive for my tastes, but I have to say your playing was really tasty! ****ing awesome guitar playing! The shots of the singer in the vid looked kinda wierd, but the guitar playing in the cafe area was pretty cool! Very good quality video, the angles, the high definition etc.! Overall very good! If you could check my stuff out, I'd be very happy, seeing as you are a very good player!

link: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1673574
Gear:
2011 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
Some really nice grooves there. Flow is really nice, great old school death metal vibe to it.

Tapping parts are great

The melodic bits in the middle change things around nicely.

Only criticism I would say is that the shots with the vocalist look a little awkward.
On the Video:
I think the vocal shots are mostly awkward because the vocalist is visibly awkward while performing in front of the camera. He couldn't decide whether he wanted to make eye contact or not, and generally felt uncomfortable which translates to the viewer of course. The vocal performance itself was well done though; not typically my style of vocals, but he does what he does very well.

On the Music:
The drum patterns arranged around the guitar pieces left me a little wanting. The guitar work is fantastic, the vocals support it well enough, but the drums just dont round out the track the way id like. And I only say that because with how obviously talented you are as a songwriter, I guess I kind of felt like you could have given more? Im not sure. All in all, really impressive guitar work, but the song craft could use a little more TLC.

Still better than I can muster. So much love to you man, and keep it coming. Cant wait to hear more from you.
Quote by iaresanchez
On the Video:
I think the vocal shots are mostly awkward because the vocalist is visibly awkward while performing in front of the camera. He couldn't decide whether he wanted to make eye contact or not, and generally felt uncomfortable which translates to the viewer of course. The vocal performance itself was well done though; not typically my style of vocals, but he does what he does very well.

On the Music:
The drum patterns arranged around the guitar pieces left me a little wanting. The guitar work is fantastic, the vocals support it well enough, but the drums just dont round out the track the way id like. And I only say that because with how obviously talented you are as a songwriter, I guess I kind of felt like you could have given more? Im not sure. All in all, really impressive guitar work, but the song craft could use a little more TLC.

Still better than I can muster. So much love to you man, and keep it coming. Cant wait to hear more from you.

Thanks so much for your comment, i really appreciate you taking the time to observe so well. The vocal part of the video I totally agree, and it was an issue we were having while shooting which is definitely obvioius!
As for the drums, I also agree, it's my weak point when it comes to my music, I really wish i could manage to get better at MIDI drums which I can't seem to grasp well. I wish that I knew someone who played drums or liked to program midi drum parts. I think that it would benefit the music a ton. Thanks for the compliments as well, i will post my latest song once i finish it of course. I really appreciate people actually taking the time to look at it and give me compliments and ways to improve!
Quote by enloartworks
Thanks so much for your comment, i really appreciate you taking the time to observe so well. The vocal part of the video I totally agree, and it was an issue we were having while shooting which is definitely obvioius!
As for the drums, I also agree, it's my weak point when it comes to my music, I really wish i could manage to get better at MIDI drums which I can't seem to grasp well. I wish that I knew someone who played drums or liked to program midi drum parts. I think that it would benefit the music a ton. Thanks for the compliments as well, i will post my latest song once i finish it of course. I really appreciate people actually taking the time to look at it and give me compliments and ways to improve!

For a fellow artist who loves their music, and appreciates honest and candid feedback, I would offer my two cents any time any day. All my Respect and support to you man. I will keep an eye out for your next post.

P.S. Drums were always and still serve to be my weak link as well, but developing your control over the drum section of your songs also helps develop a sense of rhythm that greatly affects your general songwriting ability. Get your hands dirty and learn how to master the beat, even if you get a solid drummer. It is a skill that continues to make huge leaps in my abilities as an overall song crafter, and I am willing to bet you would experience a similar evolution. Keep up the good work brother
Thanks for the feedback on my track, much appreciated.

Song wise, I thought the whole arrangement was strong. The guitar parts in particular were well written with the layered harmonies. Your solos were technical and from a production point I don't think there's much to add guitar wise.

The kick had quite a prominent 'klack' which helped it cut through in the mix and does work for metal. In addition to that frequency band it's worth while looking at the 50-70hz region as the kick has some important frequencies which give it more of a low end prescence to thicken the mix.

Video wise and visually, I found the location choices very refreshing. I think this video would work well solely as a guitar playthrough and doing a separate video with you singer. I'd personally find it interesting to watch your vocalist tracking his parts as he has an impressive range of growls and it may also be a more natural environment as his focus would be on the tracking rather than the camera.

Great song overall, impressive technically and your visual approach to the video was refreshing.

Cheers, m
very true man, my friend suggest i listen to songs and strictly focus on the drums and also to watch drum tutorials lol