Hi Guys sorry for the noob questions , Right now Im copying the sounds of Randy Rhoads, Van Halen & also Dimebag . I want to know what Equalizer set up that they use ..can u guys guide me what exact setup by the way Im using Boss Ge-7 and Boss BE-5M the one have orverdrive/Distortion Effects .... coz i really like the sounds setup of cowboys from hell song is so crispy sounding even he use palm muting .. thanks
You'll get much better advice in the Guitar Gear & Accessories forum. Lots of guys in there who really know their gear. I can't offer much assistance, but i can tell you that you can never get a tone identical to another artists no matter how much you try. You can get damn close though
Last edited by vayne92 at Mar 25, 2015,
Unless you have the same pickups, pedals, processors, and amps etc., it doesn't matter. Why don't you just play with knobs until you think it sounds close? Then you'll have a better idea on how to answer the how's & why's, and that is more rewarding than finding their exact settings and turning your knobs to match that. Might even find some new sounds you enjoy.
Quote by Treyvius
Unless you have the same pickups, pedals, processors, and amps etc., it doesn't matter. Why don't you just play with knobs until you think it sounds close? Then you'll have a better idea on how to answer the how's & why's, and that is more rewarding than finding their exact settings and turning your knobs to match that. Might even find some new sounds you enjoy.

yeah no one can just hand you settings. this is something you'll just have to spend some time with.
Thanks guys im only using RAGE amp may guitar is cheap GUITAR in Philippines RJ guitars..and Im using BOSS BE-5M & KORG ax1g and last BOSS GE-7 EQ