Page 1 of 3
Just curious really, I get the impression a lot of us probably don't much any more sadly.

I'll pick up my acoustic from time to time and have a quick noodle, but maybe...15-30 minutes a week? If that.

I haven't plugged my electric in since...October, which was when I last played a gig.

I've also not been anywhere else other than 'The Pit' on this forum in years frankly.
I still play guitar pretty much everyday. Mostly acoustic, though I'm trying to form a band at the moment, so my electric should be seeing some more action soon. My electric I know pretty much only use when I'm playing with my old band (I moved quite far away from them about a year and a half ago), which is once every 3 or 4 weeks. That or I'm recording something that needs some distorted guitar.

I'm also picking up a bass this weekend, so I'm going to be playing bass as well.
Yo.

Almost everyday.

And I'm still a frequent tabber.

Edit: Maybe about 4 hours a week. If I'm tabbing something, bump that up to a good... 8-12 maybe?
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Mar 25, 2015,
Half an hour per 3 days a week
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
I play fairly often. maybe about 3 hours a week.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Honestly I seldom have time for/feel the need to play lately. Maybe two to three times a week for a total of about 30 minutes or so.

I stopped playing much when I went from listening to (mostly) rock to (mostly) classical music and jazz. Most music I would play earlier bores me now and the music that doesn't is more or less unplayable on guitar. Or maybe I've just grown up...
"If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
Lewis Carroll
Guitars are obsolete, it's all macbooks nowadays
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
I just bought a new bass a month ago so yeah, I still play frequently, actually, too much probably
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by matt bickerton
It would appear perhaps I am in the one in the minority then

You mean a guitar forum is full of guitarists?!

My playtime ranges from 0-4 hours per week, depending on if I'm motivated. It's recently gone back down to 0 hours after I learned whatever I was learning.
I am a professional musician but I don't really play guitar.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Almost every single day, if I go more than a week without a guitar accessible then I seem to get really strong urges and generally end up finding a guitar shop to go to.
I play often. I was recently accepted to two universities after successful guitar auditions, one of whom has offered me a total of $13,000 in annual scholarships + a one time $1250 scholarship
About an or or two a day average.

I need to listen to more music I think though.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Yea, mostly acoustic tho, and the nylon type at that. Want to do more cool finger picking stuff cos I've always lacked in that area
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Probably 3-4 hours a week, if I was still in my band you could double that.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
A bit more often recently. Mainly just my acoustic though, hardly every plug my electric in. 2-3 hours a week maybe?
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
I recently bought myself an expensive guitar just so I could motivate myself to play more.

Alas it worked! I stopped for about 1-2 years, now i'm back playing 1-2 hours per day, take occasional days off however.

I regret stopping for those 2 years so god dam much!
At least 30 mins a week, although often more than that. If I get home and no one else is home I like to play electric. Otherwise I'll mess around on my acoustic while on youtube/the internet/UG.
I've been playing a lot more over the past few months. Albeit, it's only about 4-6 hours a week at best because of being busy with school/work/moods-of-not-wanting-to-do-anything.

Edit: I don't know where I get 4-6 hours a week. It's closer to about 10 hours a week.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Last edited by aerosmithfan95 at Mar 27, 2015,
Not really but I still try to play once in a while. I'm having more fun recording shit and playing with that now.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
At least a half hour a day, plus I started teaching full time back in January. So 6-8 hours a day, and usually between 1-4 on my days off to spend some time on personal projects and building curriculum for my students. Teaching has really tightened up and reinvigorated my playing. I also play bass in a band thats starting to take off, so about 6 hours a week of bass.

tldr: so usually a lot, but at least a half hour a day of leisurely noodling, not including work.
Quote by soundgarden1986
Screw your bases. If she doesn't let me go elbow deep in her ass on the first date, it wasn't meant to be.

Quote by willT08
Every thread on here to do with audio quality is like walking into a paddock of shit slinging chimps
Last edited by BledGhostWhite at Mar 25, 2015,
Quote by triface
You mean a guitar forum is full of guitarists?!

I only ask as when I joined this site back in '06 I'd play about 2 hours a day everyday, but that has considerably waned. Especially since graduating...
I play a bit, about half an hour every few days but nothing intensive.

My mate has asked me to start a pop punk band with him though which is something I'd super enjoy and might get me back into playing if I've got something to play for if you get me.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Maybe you guys just need some motivation...some new gear or yeah a gig is good
Quote by Tempoe
Maybe you guys just need some motivation...some new gear or yeah a gig is good

New gear is cool, but it doesn't satisfy you for long.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
4 hours a week but it's to get to know my gear better because I like mixing live more than anything else nowadays.
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

To the pit because i don't feel like doing real life.
ew, what a disgusting practice.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I'll usually play at least an hour and a half a day. Guitar has gotten more entertaining for me since I've gotten a lot better at playing and bought better gear.
At least a half hour a day I play a few songs or something, I'm not very motivated when it comes to learning theory, it's too much like school.
"The government should legalize weed, taxit, and give the money to NASA. Then NASA inspires kids to explore the universe and weed does the same fore adults"-Carl Sagan
Page 1 of 3