Page 1 of 4
Jeremy Clarkson's contract is not being renewed by the BBC marking the end of his time at the company

He was a bit of a twat but Top Gear was a genuinely entertaining program and I wish they could've worked around the recent issues to reach a compromise but I guess letting him go is the safest option.

If the BBC continue with Top Gear it's probably going to be shit (like Fifth Gear which was insanely boring) and Clarkson and co will go off and make a great show on Sky or something. But I suppose that's what you get for punching someone and letting all your fans down.

Last edited by EndTheRapture51 at Mar 25, 2015,
lol dumb move but whatever.

What about hammond and may

Also lol @ letting fans down
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Clarkson has always been a nob, but he's a funny nob which makes it sort of ok

I don't think Top Gear can possibly continue without him.
I have nothing important to say
They're all good mates IRL so if Clarkson goes to Sky or something to make a motoring show they will probably join him on that. The dynamic without either of them wouldn't be the same anyway.
Well I guess im watching New Gear on Sky now.

GG BBC. Enjoy your gobshite for programming
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I remember an article saying that May's doesn't see himself doing Top Gear for much longer, and I think all of their contracts expire at the end of March, so this could be the end of this trio presenting the show.

I'll be sad to see Clarkson go because I love what he brings to the show, but I agree with not renewing his contract. May and Hammond are great, too, but what really makes the show is the dynamic between the three and Clarkson might be my favourite- I guess I'll try to watch it should the two continue presenting without him, but I don't think it'll happen.

EDIT: Let's not forget that May and Clarkson are too old to be doing this, anyway. Hammond's getting there, as well. While I don't think the show's getting stale or anything, I doubt May and Clarkson would've stuck around for much longer, anyway.
Free Ali
Last edited by chrismendiola at Mar 25, 2015,
Quote by chrismendiola
I remember an article saying that May's doesn't see himself doing Top Gear for much longer, and I think all of their contracts expire at the end of March, so this could be the end of this trio presenting the show.

I'll be sad to see Clarkson go because I love what he brings to the show, but I agree with not renewing his contract. May and Hammond are great, too, but what really makes the show is the dynamic between the three and Clarkson might be my favourite- I guess I'll try to watch it should the two continue presenting without him, but I don't think it'll happen.

Ew. Traitor.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Its a real shame. Top Gear is absolutely worthless without him, so there's really no point in continuing it. The program should to be pulled if BBC wants to maintain any credibility imo.

They do still have a contract to fulfil to complete the entire series though, or else they'll be fined by every single broadcasting company that has that contract. Which given the scale of the show, will be companies all over the world.

I also bet that the manufacturers of these exotic cars that TG has continually showcased are now absolutely shitting themselves, having just lost a massive share of their advertising revenue model.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 25, 2015,
How many episodes was left before this season ended?

If they never show any of the footage made it will SUCK, plus the Top Gear team always did loads of super stunning artistic camera shots so it'd be a shame if none of that is ever shown
3 I think.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I also bet that the manufacturers of these exotic cars that TG has continually showcased are now absolutely shitting themselves, having just lost a massive share of their advertising revenue model.

Manufacturers of shitty cars will be elated though
Quote by ultimate-slash
The Morris Marina Owner's Club will be elated though

fixed
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I guess you have to touch a ton of children first if you want the BBC to cover up your shit.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
On tonight's episode:

- Richard drives a Porsche 911
- motorcycles
- The Stig presents Star In a Reasonably Priced Car
Free Ali
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Don't worry guys feminism has got it covered

I'd watch that.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Wormholes
American version was better anyway. Come at me britfags

You can't even say that with a straight face.

Anywho, looks like James May is still making hahas on twitter.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by ErikLensherr
I'd watch that.

Meh. There's definitely room for a show about high tech cars (a general green-tech show would be pretty cool) but not to replace Top Gear. Top Gear is less about cars and about 3 men and the crazy stuff they try to do. It's a watercooler TV show, one that everyone at work or school the next day can have a chat about the latest shit they got up to.

A show about green technology would have its place but it would never fill the void of Top Gear. Also ew at "eco feminist". Does that mean the panel would be a bunch of oppressed white ladies?
100% deserved even though I didn't want him to be, can't really argue with it.

Still, him, May and Hammond will just go make Highest Gear on Channel 4 or something, easy.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Meh. There's definitely room for a show about high tech cars (a general green-tech show would be pretty cool) but not to replace Top Gear. Top Gear is less about cars and about 3 men and the crazy stuff they try to do. It's a watercooler TV show, one that everyone at work or school the next day can have a chat about the latest shit they got up to.

A show about green technology would have its place but it would never fill the void of Top Gear. Also ew at "eco feminist". Does that mean the panel would be a bunch of oppressed white ladies?

sounds better than top gear to me, but then I don't care about cars.

Eco feminism is a very flawed thing tho, appeals to a crude essentialism within gender.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by steve_muse

Eco feminism is a very flawed thing tho, appeals to a crude essentialism within gender.

Exo feminism sound like they're throwing buzzwords at something to make it super progressive and inclusive

EDIT: Eco feminism not exo feminism Exo feminism sounds like a scrapped Muse song.
It's a form of feminism that subscribes to the idea that women are connected to nature and stuff, a better way of life than mechanical man etc, basically buying into the patriarchal narrative, so more regressive than progressive really

sounds better than #deadinside
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by steve_muse

That isn't really the point of Top Gear though. What makes the show great is the chemistry between Clarkson, Hammond and May. They just share a common interest in cars, so cars are a good way to bring that chemistry out.

That to me is why I really enjoyed the show. The reviews were just the filler for the epic adventures and challenges they all did.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 25, 2015,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
That isn't really the point of Top Gear though. What makes the show great was the chemistry between Clarkson, Hammond and May. They just share a common interest in cars, so its a good way to bring that chemistry out.

That to me is why I really enjoyed the show. The reviews were just the filler for the epic adventures and challenges they all did.

+1

For all its buffoonery, Top Gear really did open your eyes to other parts of the world. The specials in Vietnam and India were amazing and you got to see so many different places in the world that are rarely touched upon in other TV programmes.

The Chile/Argentina special recently was really good. Had no idea what those countries actually looked like and all the natural beauty they held. And you get to watch funny old men having a laugh too which is jokes.
Quote by Wormholes
American version was better anyway. Come at me britfags

Ya, no one really holds this opinion.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
the show was a lot better years ago, when they started scripting everything it got really lame. Anyways, not a huge loss to me.
Nothing lasts forever and the BBC should be abolished anyway. Their crimes are against humanity and make Clarkson's assault on a producer pale into insignificance.
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Clarkson had a hidden agenda anyway. Probably knows he'll get more money from Sky
He was the one who reported the incident to BBC management, and he knew he was on a final warning
Clarkson is the human incarnation of a dirty anus.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Meh. I liked him but he was very arrogant and he was never going to get away with it forever. Top Gear will suck without him though. That said I haven't watched the last few series' of it anyway.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
his face makes me want to puke.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Zayn has left 1D this is beiger news hu care about car omg I cri

Sorry I just had to let it out
Quote by sam b
Zayn has left 1D this is beiger news hu care about car omg I cri

Sorry I just had to let it out

Did he punch a lazy Irish cunt too?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Page 1 of 4