not sure if this is appropriate to post or maybe shud just go in General forum (the pit) or nowhere at all but i'll see . maybe you're interested in newb progression diaries but maybe you're not.

just made video for fun to record where i'm at today
standing up is hard, you can't see the ****ing strings (i have sunglasses on which doesnt help i guess)
also hot = hands slip off keys lol, literally my first experience of playing whilst hot

FUN video only not looking for technique advice, just messing around playing fast and sloppy (showing best cuts)

sorry audio quality is shit again... thought it would be better coz i turned on the amp for a change

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp3dVzoNYaM
Last edited by percydw at Mar 25, 2015,
when you play sitting down make sure to use your right leg so its easier to transition between standig up and playing. Also i never really look at the guitar I have my intrevals, chords, notes committed to muscle memory.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
nice tip man, i see right leg makes it more vertical . left leg i am basically looking down at the strings and its even worse if i get lazy and lay on my bed to play LOL

yeah ive been trying to play without looking a fair bit
It's definitely wise to practice standing up. Not all the time but maybe half the time.

It's good for your health to stand and not sit all the time too.
"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. This is my religion." -- Abraham Lincoln
I found it so diffucult the first day but for some reason from the second day onward it felt natural, perhaps me adopting the classical position while playing helped. I also played like a guitarist from the 50s with my strap real high but then I lowered it slightly. Now the guitar hangs near my gut and it feels the most comfortable to me. So, jus start practising standing up with your strap high you will get used to it eventually.

EDIT: From the video if appears you are keeping the guitar in a too much of a horizontal plane. Jus lower the body of your guitar and raise the neck it should help.
Last edited by 40xxx04 at Mar 25, 2015,
Honestly I'd try lowering the guitar a bit. Kinda too far up. That and learn to relax your muscles a little More.
Quote by Virgman

It's good for your health to stand and not sit all the time too.

Haha that's true!
Yeah I'd say it's a little too high. Try adjusting the strap when you're sitting down so your guitar is at the same height when sitting and standing up. Also, try angling the neck up a little, it's more comfortable for your fretting hand.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Velocity
Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt
AMT WH1 Japanese Girl Wah
Marshall BB-2 Boost/OD
Joyo JF-07 Classic Flanger
Joyo JF-37 Analog Chorus
Quote by BlueIceBox
Yeah I'd say it's a little too high. Try adjusting the strap when you're sitting down so your guitar is at the same height when sitting and standing up. Also, try angling the neck up a little, it's more comfortable for your fretting hand.

Tom Morello seems to make it work
Quote by BlueIceBox

I agree with hurricane0202, I really don't think the height is an issue, I think the problem is the angle; headstock needs to be higher, but not the body.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.