Don't know if I should bother this board with a question like this but here we go. And please, don't reply as if I was to become an actor, just asking and wanting to understan how it goes nowadays.

What do you really have to do to become an actor, to get in movies/TV series like The WD, GoT or just any "big budget projects"?
How do they apply for these roles or is applying even possible in the first place?
Actors with the corresponding education are more likely to get a role than the ones without education?
Actors who entered the game at a young age (Emma Watson, Maisie Williams, Daniel Radcliffe etc..) Didn't have proper education but yet there they are. How does the system go nowadays?
requirements for TWD:

-terrible acting

-ability to overlook an awful script

-having your head up your own ass (well that's any actor, i guess)
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Billie_J
Don't know if I should bother this board with a question like this but here we go. And please, don't reply as if I was to become an actor, just asking and wanting to understan how it goes nowadays.

What do you really have to do to become an actor, to get in movies/TV series like The WD, GoT or just any "big budget projects"?
How do they apply for these roles or is applying even possible in the first place?
Actors with the corresponding education are more likely to get a role than the ones without education?
Actors who entered the game at a young age (Emma Watson, Maisie Williams, Daniel Radcliffe etc..) Didn't have proper education but yet there they are. How does the system go nowadays?

just apply for auditions. you'll learn pretty quick if you need training or not.

most of those young actors very likely attended stage schools and possibly had pushy parents that kept putting them into auditions.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
suck a lot of dicks
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
oh, and acting classes from Carl Weathers helps
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

terrible site though.

guy can't shoot a scene worth a damn and has a tiny wang.

pity he can't film it well, since he gets a lot of "one-off" girls who you'll never see again anywhere.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Oh yeah im with you on that

I mean.... what do you speak of good sir?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
requirements for TWD:

-terrible acting

this was true when Andrea was on the show but its gotten pretty solid acting wise

its just the script that kills it, poor Andrew Lincoln getting the brunt of the bad lines
I saw a girl at the gas station I hope to see sitting on that cough in a few years. Dat ass... Will be doing anal.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
requirements for TWD:

-terrible acting

-ability to overlook an awful script

-having your head up your own ass (well that's any actor, i guess)

I think the poo you're smelling is the shit that you're full off
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Okay, I'm actually involved in film, so I'll give you a serious answer.

You've just gotta appear in work that people see. It doesn't matter if it's a student film, a short you put together with your mates, or as an extra in a small film/TV show. It's all about getting seen. Even stage work helps with film and TV casting. Anything that people will see you in, you should do.

As for getting those parts, it's about auditioning, networking, and enthusiasm. If you're auditioning, make sure you know a little about the production/people involved if you can - I'd be much more likely to want to work with a person that seemed interested in what I was doing than just someone that's there for the sake of it. Even if you aren't that enthusiastic, do the research and fake it. You're an actor, shouldn't be too hard.

It takes a lot of effort, but if you get your face and name out there, you're more likely to get parts. You'll apply for something and one day a director will say 'hey, I recognize this name, he was in X, let's get him'. I don't know how old you are, but get involved in student films, if you can. I know that I've met actors through that that I fully intend to take forward with me into my professional career. I'm repeating myself a lot, but really you've just got to do the work and get yourself out there. I can't promise you'll end up on The Walking Dead, but if there's a path to getting there, it's the long road of hard work.
Step 1: low expectations, high hopes.

I've had emails through about casting for extras since I'm in the industry as a student. Usually when it comes with roles producers are looking for specific characters so if you don't fit the specification then tough. Even if you do then you're competing with many others of its a big scale production with auditions.

If you have friends that are into filmmaking for projects then volunteer for that, and then maybe network your way around other film students for fun I guess.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
I think to be a truly great and successful actor; you need to be a little, to moderately insane.
I won't slave for beggars pay, likewise gold and jewels. But I would slave to learn the way, to sink your ship of fools.
If they are looking for new guys for movies and stuff, they'll often ask academies and drama schools. Best thing is to start early and do a lot. I've been a stage actor since I was 9 and also leaded some of my acting groups / wrote own plays, got some articles in some newspapers - and that's how I got my first two roles in some German independent horror / thriller movies.
They saw my name in the papers, saw me acting, saw what I had done so far and liked it, most of the other actors came straight from drama schools and private academies and stuff like that, so I guess that's the easiest way to go.
But I have to say I didn't really like movie acting, it's kind of boring, doing the same stuff over and over and over again, it takes the spirit of the whole thing away. I'll stay with my stage acting.
Error 404 - Signature not available.
Quote by luvs2gro
I think to be a truly great and successful actor; you need to be a little, to moderately insane.

that's probably my favorite part

applies to really any job in entertainment
Quote by Wiegenlied
I think the poo you're smelling is the shit that you're full off

no, i smell your shit breath from being a brown nosing shit eater.

you eat AMC's shit.

you eat it up.

All roads lead to a dead end. Death is all that awaits.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line