Hi all, sorry for the minor panic here, but I bought an EVH Wolfgang HT stealth (MIJ) from someone but just noticed that the neck is offset to body of guitar in weird way ive never seen (see attached pic).

Is this normal or is this indicative of something wrong ?

Last edited by proXy124c41 at Mar 25, 2015,
That's normal. It's because you have a TOM-style bridge on a flat-topped guitar, so the bridge sits quite high up; it's the same on SGs. Think about if the neck was parallel to the top of the guitar body - it'd either have to sit quite high up in relation to the surface of the body, or you'd have to lower the bridge right down to the body.

Just on a google image search of guitars of the same model you can see they all have the angled-back neck.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Mar 25, 2015,
Quote by K33nbl4d3
That's normal. It's because you have a TOM-style bridge on a flat-topped guitar, so the bridge sits quite high up; it's the same on SGs. Think about if the neck was parallel to the top of the guitar body - it'd either have to sit quite high up in relation to the surface of the body, or you'd have to lower the bridge right down to the body.

Just on a google image search of guitars of the same model you can see they all have the angled-back neck.

Thanks! You have put my mind at ease Thought I got conned into buying a guitar with a messed up neck for a second. All my other guitars (Fender Am Deluxe Strat, Jackson WRMG etc.) have necks parallel to body so I assumed this was the norm. Thanks for correcting me