So my 7 string is currently out of service, being painted, and I really want to tune one of my existing guitars to b standard to mimic the 7 for songwriting purposes. i know both my other guitars are shorter than 25" scale so it wont sound great, but im not recording or gigging so its fine for now.

I was thinking about just buying a heavier 7 string pack and saving the high e string for later, but can anybody think of a better route?
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
That would be fine. Depending on what you're used to for your 7 stringer. Pretty much any set with a low string that's .055 or heavier should be fine, I would think.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Even on my 25.5" Ibanez I found that a D'Addario 59 for low B is a little flubby. My favorite tension is 10-52 on a 25.5", and matching the tension of the low E to the low B put me at a 70 gauge. So I bought a custom set 10-52 with a 70 added from guitarstringsonline.

The other issue you may run into is that ditching the high e on a 7 string set leaves you with a wound 3rd string which may bind up in the nut if you don't get it widened. I have another 25.5" 6 string with a custom 13-64 set on it for C standard and drop A#. I like the tension but not the wound 3rd. Makes some power chords bassier than I like.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Both ansewers above are good but my two cents is. I have a 24.75 scale guitar in B standard using erne ball 12-56. The top 3 strings are quite bendy but the B,E,A are pretty decent which I guess is what matters?

That maybe due to the floyd on it that may give it some extra tension.

There are plenty of sets to go with such as a baritone set maybe your thing?
When I had my schecter years and years ago(25.5in) I put d'addario 13s on it(13-16) and would play everything from E standard(yep) to drop A and in drop A the low strings weren't at all floppy and I was still able to bend them good. For you that would be good and depending on how loose you like your strings you might be able to get away with a 54.
Quote by itsonlyauser
Both ansewers above are good but my two cents is. I have a 24.75 scale guitar in B standard using erne ball 12-56. The top 3 strings are quite bendy but the B,E,A are pretty decent which I guess is what matters?

No, no and yeah probably.

You actually want more tension on the bottom strings so you don't have excessive fret buzz and the chords ring out properly.

Only things that attribute to string tension are scale length and string gauge. And maybe how old the strings are.

I was going to recommend baritone strings. 13s if you want a plain 3rd and 14s if you don't mind a wound 3rd.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by itsonlyauser

just bought a set of ernie ball 12-56 on amazon, not only because of your recommendation, but because the 3rd string is not wound, like someone previous had mentioned. im sure the intonation wont be perfect and ill probably have to adjust the truss and the bridge, but for now its worth it
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by rtfk101
just bought a set of ernie ball 12-56 on amazon, not only because of your recommendation, but because the 3rd string is not wound, like someone previous had mentioned. im sure the intonation wont be perfect and ill probably have to adjust the truss and the bridge, but for now its worth it

I just saw your sig. Are you putting the Jag in B standard? You realize it's 24" scale and not 25" right? I wish you luck...
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9