Anyone want to name some hardtail metal guitars without Tune-O-Matic style bridges? I prefer hardtail to the trem bridge because of the simplicity and such but I really rather dislike arched tops and the way that tune-o-matic's seperate your hand and arm from the body of the guitar. I know of a few that fit what I'm looking for I'm sure but I'd really love some assistance. Throw some guitars at me.=)

Some specs I prefer:
EMG 81/85 Combo or Seymour Duncan Blackouts
Ebony Fingerboard
Neck Through
Overall good looks

Budget is $350-$450 most likely. And used is to be expected. If you know of something new at that price range with those specs then you are a "guitar guy" worthy of Barney Stinson.
Last edited by GraceByDeath at Mar 25, 2015,
Telecaster
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
US? Bam! Got you everything but the ebony board. And it's just a little over budget. Find one used with your specs.
http://www.rondomusic.com/septorelt727mnemgbkfl.html
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
PRS fixed bridge/tailpiece combination unit:

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by TheStig1214
US? Bam! Got you everything but the ebony board. And it's just a little over budget. Find one used with your specs.
http://www.rondomusic.com/septorelt727mnemgbkfl.html

Wooooo! That is sharp...Oh man that is cute! That scale length is a bit long than I'd like but I'll be looking at those for sure! I've heard good things about Agile.
You could get a flat top carvin with the TOM recessed into the body, maybe. Unless you just really dislike that bridge style specifically rather than the symptoms you describe.
Quote by Hydra26
You could get a flat top carvin with the TOM recessed into the body, maybe. Unless you just really dislike that bridge style specifically rather than the symptoms you describe.

Well you see I like to have some mass under my palm when I rest it you know? That's why that Gibralter Ibanez bridge interested me so much.
Could you not just get a guitar with a Vintage/Strat trem and just not use the arm?
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by AWACS
Could you not just get a guitar with a Vintage/Strat trem and just not use the arm?

That's useful as well. Currently selling a Strat in fact. And that's the bridge I prefer.
Asking for EMG's/Blackouts, neck-through and an ebony fretboard for only $450 is pretty greedy lol. In the UK where I am, getting those sorts of specs for that budget is completely impossible new, and you'd have to be really lucky to get one used too.

If the guitar must have those specs and you cannot go used, getting an Agile is your only option.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 26, 2015,
Dude check out the Ibanez RG421MOL. It's bolt-on but it's shit cheap so you can just switch out the pickups and everything. Rosewood fretboard with mahogany body. Wizard III maple neck. Looks damn awesome IMO.
I dunno about prices in the us, but there are hardtail Ibanez RG models, that have the bridge flush with the body. Like THIS .
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
There is the Ibanez RG921qmf with the Tight End bridge. Great bridge but I don't know if they put that on any other models....the 921 doesn't fit any of your other specs.

Check out the Nick Catanese PRS...that may tickle your fancy.
Last edited by JBailey23 at Mar 26, 2015,
Quote by JBailey23
There is the Ibanez RG921qmf with the Tight End bridge. Great bridge but I don't know if they put that on any other models....the 921 doesn't fit any of your other specs.

Check out the Nick Catanese PRS...that may tickle your fancy.

They put the tight end bridge on the FR series and the RGDs as well, but all of those are bolt ons.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by Hydra26

I'd get a flat top Carvin with the Wilkinson bridge. In fact, I have a couple that are actually trems, but you aren't really aware of it unless you pull the handle out and attach it.

It's not going to be $450 (new, anyway), but you should be able to find something similar on eBay for near those prices. Used you're unlikely to find them with actives, but those Carvins have good bones and almost always have great playability.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Asking for EMG's/Blackouts, neck-through and an ebony fretboard for only $450 is pretty greedy lol. In the UK where I am, getting those sorts of specs for that budget is completely impossible new, and you'd have to be really lucky to get one used too.

If the guitar must have those specs and you cannot go used, getting an Agile is your only option.

Well that's why I said "used is to be expected". But there's always a chance.
ibanez
rg3exfm1
Rg2ex1

a couple Shecter models

couple of Jackson models also
RavenWest 1000Q/Schecter neck
ibanez RG3EXFM1 /Dimarzio Evolution
Martin Stinger ST-4 /Kona Strat neck
Martin Stinger ST-2
Squire DG-9 acoustic
Jay Turser JT Slimmer
Bugera 333
2x12 homemade cab
Marshall AVT150H head
B-52 4x12 cab
Last edited by kenshi1967 at Mar 26, 2015,
Quote by GraceByDeath
Well you see I like to have some mass under my palm when I rest it you know? That's why that Gibralter Ibanez bridge interested me so much.

That's essentially the Schaller harmonica bridge (still available).

Schecter
New-omen extreme or damien elite
Used- Hellraiser or Blackjack

All in your price range and close to your specs. You aint getting a neck-thru that cheap. These however do have set necks with a very nice ultra access heal.
Jackson Pro King V
Schecter LE Hellraiser C-1
Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Peavey 6505+
Marshall1960a
Line 6 Wireless G50> Boss TU-3> Dunlop Orignal Crybaby> Ibanez TS-9> MXR Smart Gate> Digitech Turbo Flange> MXR Black Label Chorus> MXR Carbon Copy
Last edited by pantallica87 at Mar 27, 2015,
That PRS wraparound bridge will present the same problem OP has with tom bridges. I gotta say though i've never heard someone have a gripe with the tom bridge, it really doesn't separate that much compared to any other bridge...it's one of those things i feel you don't like for disliking it's sake. Also if you need your hand to rest on the body of the guitar your technique is wrong anyways
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Acϵ♠
That PRS wraparound bridge will present the same problem OP has with tom bridges. I gotta say though i've never heard someone have a gripe with the tom bridge, it really doesn't separate that much compared to any other bridge...it's one of those things i feel you don't like for disliking it's sake. Also if you need your hand to rest on the body of the guitar your technique is wrong anyways

ever play a strat? totally different feel and bridge is totally different. if you started playing on a strat and the when to a tune-o-matic style bridge the yes your had positioning would be off and it would feel weird. honestly i prefer my strat for that reason. for me it's easier to play.