Hey guys, I'm curious about something.

I'm looking into an Orange Bass Terror as an amp as it seems to have everything I love about the Dark Terror head but in a bass version.

Now as it's tiny and has it's own cute little gig bag I'm assuming it's meant to be used with whatever cab is available now my question is, it's 500W so I'm worried I'd be at risk of blowing a cab.

Is it ok to run it though any cab I've got as-long as I've got the right ohmage cab?

Bought the last one from Andertons: Price was far too good to not do it.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Mar 26, 2015,
Don't go crazy on the volume and you will not destroy any cabinets. But to be safe, get yourself a 500-watt cabinet (or cabinets).
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Generally Fatal Gear is correct.

Don't go crazy. Yet, on the issue of the correct match, unless the amp has a system for eliminating DC impulses, the Amp should be a little more powerful than the load to keep from ever operating in the Dirty Power Range of the Amp.

The Dirty Power Range is generally between 8 and 10 on a standard scale Master Volume knob.
There is usually a price to be paid for operating there.

Thus, from the hip, I recommend a 400 Watt Cab.

Other than that, transient attack causing over extrusion of the cone is the next enemy. Some Amps have a filter/limiter system to avoid that so you can just blast away.

Beyond that, keep your head off and away from the cabinets which will slowly shake it apart.

Somewhere between performance vibration levels and road vibration, every SVT on the Sting Tour a few years back came through the Service Benchs of my friend Andy Fuch's place.

It took 10 years for my GenzBenz NeoX400 combo to finally fail due to vibration loosening.

Entropy - it is after us all.
Ibanez BTB 1006 Fretless and 405 (no Barts)
456 & 455(w/Barts)
Genz Benz NeoX400 112T & NeoX 112T cab.
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Boss: SYB-5, PS-2, OD-20, EQ-20, PH-3,BF-3, CE-20, DD-20
Morely A/B
IIRC, the Orange Terror series is designed to crank out full power at all of the ohms levels it uses, so your best bet is to link it to cabinets that can handle the power. If you absolutely must put a tube bass amplifier head on top of the cabinet, you can get some Sorbothane anti-vibration pads or bumpers to put between the head and the cabinet. The stuff actually does a great job of soaking up the vibrations and prolonging the life of your amp's tubes and other parts. But if you can, do keep the head separate from the cabinet - or from anything else that shakes like hell.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Last edited by FatalGear41 at Mar 31, 2015,
Thanks FG41.

I was going to look into the Sothobane, but instead opted for a 4U Hardigg Military Shock Mount Server Rack.

I have it stood on end at the front of the stage so I can make any adjustments in realtime facing the audience.

Sotho will not save my NeoX400s from themselves, so they are now Cinderella home/rehearsal/parts amps. the GBE600 evil step sister gets to go out to the parties.
Ibanez BTB 1006 Fretless and 405 (no Barts)
456 & 455(w/Barts)
Genz Benz NeoX400 112T & NeoX 112T cab.
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Boss: SYB-5, PS-2, OD-20, EQ-20, PH-3,BF-3, CE-20, DD-20
Morely A/B
I used a Micro Terror into a bass cabinet for a long time for bass and it sounded surprisingly good, and was loud enough to keep up with drums.

Definitely not a clean tone though, you're going to sound like Geezer, Cliff, Lemmy, etc.
Cry yourself to ash
When it comes to bass, power handling isn't the way to look at things. That's for the guitar guys.
You can easily have a "400W" cabinet run by a 400W amp and blow it.
Quote by dspellman
When it comes to bass, power handling isn't the way to look at things. That's for the guitar guys.
You can easily have a "400W" cabinet run by a 400W amp and blow it.

I'm used to being a guitarist, what's the right way to look at this?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100