https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObY1YfDz7-8&feature=youtu.be

If I were to take up guitar, this is what I would aspire to try to sound like. I seems like I need some kind of Gretsch hollow-body to get those exact bold country-western "cowboy music" timbres. Often these guitars are soloed in their lower (bass) register. Perhaps like the White Falcons of Stephen Stills and Neil Young in Buffalo Springfield. They feature TV Jones Classic pickups. Those beautiful birds are just way too expensive: too rich for my blood. It would be nice if I could pick up a decent Gretch hollow-body for a couple hundred bucks on Craigslist Classifieds.

What about the cheaper new G5120 Electromatic that rivals the more expensive G6120 (Chet Atkins)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR0vESxtsCs

I could even swap in some TV Jones Classics to get more of that "fuzzy buzz" tone I seek.
I don't like the peal of "bell-ring" tone much in guitars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrvxyW_O-v8

Now, TV Jones is more like it!! Mellow, fuzzy-buzzy tone!

What do all you good people think?

Any idiot can buy any guitar and can learn some kind of music.

But my guitar has to be able to produce certain tones to sound like something special.

You can buy a Honda Rebel if you want basic transportation.
You can buy a Harley-Davidson if you want something fun and enjoyable.

Perhaps, a Gretsch is the Harley-Davidson of guitars.
Fender is just a Ford Focus and Gibson is just a Chevy Aveo by analogy.
John Cavender
Last edited by JohnCavender at Mar 26, 2015,
This is pretty much just a continuation of the same discussion and topic from your other thread. You even started with the same youtube link you ended your last post with in the other thread. You don't need to open a new thread topic to carry on an existing discussion (we tend to regard that as crossing over into spam territory if it becomes a theme) unless the discussion has gone way off topic.

~closed
Si
Quote by 20Tigers
This is pretty much just a continuation of the same discussion and topic from your other thread. You even started with the same youtube link you ended your last post with in the other thread. You don't need to open a new thread topic to carry on an existing discussion (we tend to regard that as crossing over into spam territory if it becomes a theme) unless the discussion has gone way off topic.

~closed

Very, well, please have admin kill THIS thread. I will merge material here back into my other thread as a continuation.

Sorry, I have been home out of work for a while. My head is on Vicodin due to an injury.
John Cavender
20T has the ability to close threads and apparently meant to, but forgot to actually do it. Kinda like when I sent my sister an email the other day talking about a website I meant to link but forgot to actually paste the link.
On it.

Behold as our modly flames of vengeance sweep down from the heavens and cleanse this thread of its taint.
"There are two styles of music. Good music and bad music." -Duke Ellington

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp