I came across mojotone in looking for a better price on the Gotoh Floyd Rose

http://www.mojotone.com/guitar-parts/tremolo-bridges/Gotoh-Floyd-Rose-Locking-Tremolo-Gold#.VRQt6VX3-iw

Its only $130 from mojotone (I need the gold one) whereas, its $185 from amazon

Is mojotone a reliable seller? Is there anything I should be aware of before buying it?
Amazon and Ebay sellers have to inflate their asking prices to make the same money. I was tempted to sell on amazon as no one in canada was selling guitar parts on it and when I saw how much they wanted per sale it made sense.

one piece of advice You could email gotoh directly and ask if they do business with them as a supplier. I'm sure there is ways to assure yourself it's a legit gotoh though on google. Floyd rose has many websites to determine.

if you can get a floyd rose original 1000 (step below german which are the best floyd rose makes without getting into 1000$ titaniums) and a brass big block for under the 150-180$ that is my second suggestion. It's not the best bridge ever made but it's in that price range.
Last edited by Tallwood13 at Mar 26, 2015,
Quote by Tallwood13

if you can get a floyd rose original 1000 (step below german which are the best floyd rose makes without getting into 1000$ titaniums) and a brass big block for under the 150-180$ that is my second suggestion. It's not the best bridge ever made but it's in that price range.

I'm stuck in a spot where I need the Gotoh because my post spacing isn't standard. Luckily, its non-recessed, so I don't have to worry about it fitting in the route. I want to avoid moving the posts if I can, especially because I don't have a pickguard, so I can't just add extra pickguard material to cover up to old holes.
Plus, I've personally used gotohs and OFRs, and I prefer to Gotoh to the OFR, and being that the 1000 is a step below it, I know the Gotoh is the better buy
Last edited by guitar42697 at Mar 26, 2015,
Mojotone is a legit brand. They are mostly a parts supplier so you are kinda buying direct. I know Fastback buys pickup parts from them . But they also sell their own pickups and hardware. They sell some pretty stellar amp kits as well.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
Mojotone is a legit brand. They are mostly a parts supplier so you are kinda buying direct. I know Fastback buys pickup parts from them . But they also sell their own pickups and hardware. They sell some pretty stellar amp kits as well.

+1
I went ahead and ordered it from mojotone, and recieved a genuine Gotoh unit (I know what the packaging looks like and whatnot). I'm very happy with it, it fit on the posts that already exist, despite the weird distance, Tuning is ROCK SOLID.
Quote by TheStig1214

Another +1
When I was building my 2x12 cab, I ordered several parts from mojotone.
All arrived on time and without issue.