I'm new to this guitar thing, but I saw one of these and I liked the way it looked- sort of cool/retro.
Here's what it looks like :https://brucemusicstore.com/guitars/v32-semi-hollow-body-electric-guitar/

I like the red one, FWIW.

I'm pretty sure it's made in the Sunsmile factory :http://www.ssmii.com/Product.asp?BigClassName=Guitars&SmallClassName=Comer%20Series

It's a Ventura V32. Ventura is a company tht markets itself to small B&M stores, and they won't let their stuff be sold on line, or at big box stores. I guess they are looking for a niche, and giving small stores something to compete with.

Do the specs mean anything to you guys? I can get this for around $200, so I'm not spending a fortune, and I thought it might be neat to play with. Have any of you seen one of these or played one? Is it worth a try?
I wouldn't have high hopes, honestly. But you never know.

If you're a beginner ("new to this guitar thing") you might want to go for the best quality you can get for the money you're going to spend, and I think that buying a random brand from a random small B&M store is unlikely to produce that. Probably not a great idea to go on looks, especially when it involves a relatively complicated guitar like a semi-hollow.

Do you have a knowledgeable guitar-playing friend that you'd trust to help you find really good solid used guitar with great playability?
Venturas were one of the better made "copy" guitars of the 70s.
But that being said, you should know what to look for in vintage Japanese guitars.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Quote by Auriemma
Venturas were one of the better made "copy" guitars of the 70s.
But that being said, you should know what to look for in vintage Japanese guitars.

These ar enot the old ones. New guitars, made in China.
I bought one thinking it was on old one . It's junk . The fret job was the worst I've ever seen . The electronics and tuners are trash . I spent $85 on having the frets ground and crowned . $45 setup and it's in now getting pickups and pots changed . (bbq bucker and Gibson 70 ) $100 more . I had the pots and pickups . I would not recommend it unless your looking for a project guitar. Good luck