Hey UG,

I did a cover of Dream Theater's Build Me Up, Break Me Down. The sweep section was extremely difficult for me.

https://youtu.be/3zMfobVH9F8

Looking for feedback on playing, recording, video, and pretty much anything else.

As alwasy C4C!

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Quote by gackerjr
Good stuff. I've never heard the original, but sounded like you were pretty spot on. Sweeps sounded clean to me -- how many audio takes to nail it?

PS: I'm also a big fan of the Schecter Hellraiser

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1672906

Thanks man!

Took me about 2 months to get to the original tempo. Then about 15ish takes. I kept missing the slide up to the 23rd fret on the 1st string.

Quote by Gunpowder
Hey dude, it sounds pretty much perfect! I do really like the tone ! You improved a lot since your last cover IMO, that's really accurate... keep it up!
Last edited by Ludo950 at Apr 8, 2015,
Hey man, you're great! I'm a huge fan of Dream Theater and I really like your performance, almost perfect playing and tone.
Would you tell me something more about your sound chain? Do you use the distortion from the Blackstar and use Amplitube for fx or what? Also I've never heard about Ampire simulator.
Quote by Ludo950
Hey dude, it sounds pretty much perfect! I do really like the tone ! You improved a lot since your last cover IMO, that's really accurate... keep it up!

Thanks man! Im glad my learning if finally working out!

Will do!

Quote by nobodywk
Hey man, you're great! I'm a huge fan of Dream Theater and I really like your performance, almost perfect playing and tone.
Would you tell me something more about your sound chain? Do you use the distortion from the Blackstar and use Amplitube for fx or what? Also I've never heard about Ampire simulator.

Thank you!
I just used the Amplitube program for this recording. In amplitube I used an OD pedal in front of a Mesa Boogie simulated amp, with a Mesa Cabinet. And in the rack I used a tube compressor. Ampire is an amp simulator that I got with my Presonus hardware and software. Its alright, not the greatest thing. But its way more limited than Amplitube

Quote by Gunpowder
Impressive... Good look and I'm waiting for another DT covers
Great stuff man, tone was spot on and the performance was excelent.

Just to add a little something, you could work a little bit on the lighting for your video, open windows aren't always the best choice. Film at night maybe? Just trying to give a little bit of constructive criticism here. Anyway, keep it up, man.
www.metallerium.com