Hello guys, This is one of my tracks called Faded Jeans (Just a Demo), wrote it the other day messing around with my acoustic! I'm not that much experienced in lead guitar but in the bridge to this song I was wanting to have the lead play the chorus vocal melody, but it is just rhythm guitar at the moment, Anyway as always Ill C4C your tracks too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OKhY0d18MU
Last edited by heaven086 at Mar 27, 2015,
Quote by aaron aardvark
heaven086,
Audio quality is pretty good, considering you seem to be going for a 60's vibe (fine by me). Vocals are mostly good, though somewhat pitchy at times. I like the guitar riffs. Yep, needs lead guitar. Nice song. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=33323645#post33323645

Cheers man! yeah I noted in my post I would like lead but not got much experience in that area and am not too fussed about audio quality at the time as there just demos thanks for the crit! appreciate it
Reminds me of a Guns N Roses acoustic track (name escapes me). It's pretty cool man, good song. The vocals are sometimes hard to comprehend at points where the tracks go out of time with eachother. Other than that, cool song man!
This sounds very like the sort of thing you'd listen to on weed. Not that it's a bad thing

it reminds me a wee bit of John Denver. I guess you were deliberately going for a less polished sound?

Nothing to really nit pick here, aside from vocals at times being a little hard to decipher.

Pretty enjoyable track. A lead or two would not be amiss, as previous posters said, and sound could be a bit longer.

Care to share some love?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1673605
Thanks for the crits guys I agree with most of your points! I would like to have this as a full band song so I could get some lead guitars going for sure! liking the weed comment its funny because its so true and yeah no problem ill review your track man.
Damn, i love the vocals, the reverb is perfect. I know its just a demo, but with a full band it would be really cool with a indie rock vibe i think. I suppose this is not the full song? I was hoping for a bridge you know. :P
Quote by Usernames sucks
Damn, i love the vocals, the reverb is perfect. I know its just a demo, but with a full band it would be really cool with a indie rock vibe i think. I suppose this is not the full song? I was hoping for a bridge you know. :P

Yeah man this is going to be a full band song, and there is a bridge after the 2nd chorus this is where the lead will go over with the vocal chorus melody
Snappy catchy vibey sixties influenced song, reminds me of the Kinks, or Cat Stevens a bit. Although this is a basic demo, it is full of promise. Definitely worth finishing this song, creating a full arrangement. Maybe it would benefit from another section, a bridge or middle eight of whatever, to add a variation - this would surely complete the song.
The vocal sound is well suited to this sound and feel. I would advise to make the vocal doubling a bit more subtle, and also to have more accuracy in the timing, making sure both tracks follow each other more exactly.
Acoustic guitar is fine too. Needs some sympathetic drums and bass, maybe some snazzy keyboard, and some slick harmonies.
But great sound, sweet and smooth and cool, slightly kooky but also fresh and accessible too.
C4C here.
Quote by Jathon Delsy
Snappy catchy vibey sixties influenced song, reminds me of the Kinks, or Cat Stevens a bit. Although this is a basic demo, it is full of promise. Definitely worth finishing this song, creating a full arrangement. Maybe it would benefit from another section, a bridge or middle eight of whatever, to add a variation - this would surely complete the song.
The vocal sound is well suited to this sound and feel. I would advise to make the vocal doubling a bit more subtle, and also to have more accuracy in the timing, making sure both tracks follow each other more exactly.
Acoustic guitar is fine too. Needs some sympathetic drums and bass, maybe some snazzy keyboard, and some slick harmonies.
But great sound, sweet and smooth and cool, slightly kooky but also fresh and accessible too.
C4C here.

Thanks for the in-depth feedback I appreciate the advice and I will definitely look at adding a little more to the track, length wise. As I will definitely be adding lead and drums ill pop over and R/V your track now!
for me it has an old school punk acoustic sound or maybe sixties feel to it. nice song
Quote by bobnorman
for me it has an old school punk acoustic sound or maybe sixties feel to it. nice song

Thanks very much! anything you want me to crit?