Poll: Who's the most awesome DS9 character?
Poll Options
View poll results: Who's the most awesome DS9 character?
Benjamin Sisko
4 14%
Kira Nerys
1 4%
Jadzia Dax
4 14%
Miles O'Brien
4 14%
Odo
2 7%
Quark
1 4%
Julian Bashir
2 7%
Worf
2 7%
Gul Dukat
2 7%
Garak
6 21%
Voters: 28.
Page 1 of 2
Due to current events (i.e. me arguing with my friend), the question has to be asked: who's the greatest character in Star Trek: Deep Space 9? If this representative democratic voting supports my point of view, I will confront my friend with the results. Vote and discuss.
DS9 has a lot of great characters, but I'll have to go with Sisko.
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Honestly, out of that list, either Garak or Jadzia.

Top 5 would be
Garak
Jadzia
Dukat
Sisko
then probably uhhh Vic Fontaine
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Morn, he's so talkative.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Sauron
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
ds9 is shit.

but dax cause she's super cute and never got enough screen time.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
>ds9 is shit

you clearly don't even Star Trek so I'll ignore that opinion K THANKS
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

the only good thing was the characters and their banter but the plot lines were dumb and the mystical stuff just is not star trek.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I don't really see how the spiritual side isn't Star Trek. A moral quandary between Sisko's duty to the Federation and his duty to Bajorans as the emissary. That screams Star Trek, to me.

Mostly, though, I like the characters. I think the writing was good, too, and I think I prefer the less-episodic style, but what I really enjoyed was the character development.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

DS9 has a lot of great characters, but I'll have to go with Sisqó.

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Dax cause she was Reggie in Becker and gorgeous to boot

EDIT: Odo close second because Rene Auberjonois
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Mar 28, 2015,
I'm gonna have to say Gul Dukat because she is the prettiest.
....that is a she... isn't it?

I actually have never watched the show, so I hope I'm picking a pretty girl. ;_;
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

Gul Dukat is very far from a pretty girl

if you want pretty girl, choose Jadzia Dax

Or Kira Nerys, as Nana Visitor is also very attractive.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Ok then ^ that in no particular order because Graham knows best <3
Quote by SGstriker

Odo could have been good, but for the last half of the series the love story between him and kira was just really awkward. Obrien and bashir were the best though.
Q or **** off.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Sisko, Dax or Gul Dukat,

But Bashir and O'Brien were also great. Arghhh.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
What's with the Dax love? Easily the worst character on the main cast.
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
I haven't even seen DS9 yet (gonna start it once I've seen the Chain Of Command episodes of TNG), but I'm 99% certain the answer is Worf.
Quote by BelowTheSun
I haven't even seen DS9 yet (gonna start it once I've seen the Chain Of Command episodes of TNG), but I'm 99% certain the answer is Worf.

Worf is just Worf really in it. Has nowhere near the level of development that Dukat and Sisko get.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by StewieSwan
What's with the Dax love? Easily the worst character on the main cast.

She is qt

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Worf is just Worf really in it. Has nowhere near the level of development that Dukat and Sisko get.

Quote by BelowTheSun

I think that Worf becomes much more of an actual person in DS9 than TNG, but yea, they still tend to ignore his development. I think since he was from a previous series, they thought they didn't need to. They did a bit, I guess, with romantic relationships and all, but that's really it.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Last edited by eGraham at Mar 28, 2015,
Quote by eGraham
She is qt

and smart too

Quote by EndTheRapture51
and smart too

She's conceited, manipulative, nosy, demanding, etc. Like, have you even seen that one where she and Worf go on vacation? Insufferable.
Quote by CaptainCanti

December 14, 2017
Quote by eGraham
She is qt

I think that Worf becomes much more of an actual person in DS9 than TNG, but yea, they still tend to ignore his development. I think since he was from a previous series, they thought they didn't need to. They did a bit, I guess, with romantic relationships and all, but that's really it.

I prefer Worf in DS9, he's definitely more of a character and does tend to grow a bit becoming the ambassador to the Klingons and stuff and get in a relationship but he's still just Worf in the series. A good character but compared to Dukat he's not really that developed.

Dukat is epic. He's basically Hitler but you kind of start to root for him in the middle, and then at the end you're like "naw, too Hitlery."

Everyone will vote for Dax though because she's qt
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
I voted Garak
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by BelowTheSun

I'm only now watching the series, as a child I saw two or three episodes at someone else's place when it first aired, and now they're broadcasting the entire series, six episodes a week, and currently we're somewhere in the first half of season 3. Worf hasn't appeared yet as of ep. 58 or something, but I really don't believe he'll be better than the rest of the cast, because they're really good. DS9 is very character-driven, and it has the characters to back it up. Whoever your least favourite DS9 character is, he's going to be more significant than half of TNG's cast (Troi, La Forge, Crusher, Wesley... and Yar of course).
Quote by mind_meld
Never liked Sisko. Out of all the series DS9 is prob my least fav.

Voted Bashir.

I think TNG and DS9 share top spot, after that TOS (great characters, laughable plots, overall very camp), then after a long gap Voyager (generally anaemic), then after another long gap Enterprise (generally dreadful).
Last edited by Knarrenheino at Mar 29, 2015,
Quote by eGraham
I voted Garak

Good choice, me too. I love that guy.

I also don't share the love for Dax. Kira is more interesting (and hotter too).

edit: Kira on last place, and Quark on second last? This voting is invalid.

edit 2: nah, it is valid, because Garak is on #1 so far.
Last edited by Knarrenheino at Mar 29, 2015,
Quote by heavyairship
Dukat is epic. He's basically Hitler but you kind of start to root for him in the middle, and then at the end you're like "naw, too Hitlery."

Yes

Quote by Knarrenheino
Good choice, me too. I love that guy.

I also don't share the love for Dax. Kira is more interesting

Quote by Knarrenheino
I think TNG and DS9 share top spot, after that TOS (great characters, laughable plots, overall very camp), then after a long gap Voyager (generally anaemic), then after another long gap Enterprise (generally dreadful).

This guy is on the level
Quote by CaptainCanti

December 14, 2017
I had to go with Garak. He was fantastic every time he was on screen.

I really liked Dukat to begin with, but they made a bit of a mess of him towards the end of the run. Like they'd decided that too many people were starting to like him and they needed to turn him into a one-note villain and get him mixed up in all that Pah-Wraith rubbish. The Prophets were best when they were a truly alien concept. It was really disappointing when they turned it into Prophets=good, Pah-Wraiths=evil. As they ruined Dukat, Damar got much better. He was virtually an extra to start with, but really grew as a character towards the end.

Also give high marks to the O'Brien & Bashir bromance, Sisko, Kira... most of them really! Any scene with Odo and Quark was usually a classic too.

Honourable mention to the Jeffrey Combs double of Brunt and Weyoun. Always good fun.
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
I had to go with Garak. He was fantastic every time he was on screen.

I really liked Dukat to begin with, but they made a bit of a mess of him towards the end of the run. Like they'd decided that too many people were starting to like him and they needed to turn him into a one-note villain and get him mixed up in all that Pah-Wraith rubbish. The Prophets were best when they were a truly alien concept. It was really disappointing when they turned it into Prophets=good, Pah-Wraiths=evil. As they ruined Dukat, Damar got much better. He was virtually an extra to start with, but really grew as a character towards the end.

Also give high marks to the O'Brien & Bashir bromance, Sisko, Kira... most of them really! Any scene with Odo and Quark was usually a classic too.

Honourable mention to the Jeffrey Combs double of Brunt and Weyoun. Always good fun.

You are also on the level
Quote by CaptainCanti

December 14, 2017
Voyager could have been so good but it was ruined by boring characters and just ended up like TNG but boring edition.

Page 1 of 2