I don't know much about them other than they're from Canada and they have a few different acoustic types.

I picked up a S&P guitar at a pawn shop last week. The only thing I could tell you about it is that it's blue. If I were to take a guess at the wood, I would say the fretboard is rosewood. There are several series of guitars on their website. It still has a decent sound though. Reminiscent of my old Yamaha FG700S.

Specs according to their website:
Back & Sides : Red Wild Cherry
Top : Spruce (Select Pressure Tested Solid Top)
Fingerboard & Bridge : Rosewood
Finish : Semi Gloss Varnish Burst Finish
Tusq® nut & saddle by Graphtech
Attachments:
headstock.jpg
guitar.jpg
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Last edited by Colgate Total at Mar 27, 2015,
Quote by Tony Done
S&P are one one the brand names of LaSiDo, which include Seagull, Norman, Arte and Luthierie, Godin and La Patrie. They are generally well-regarded.

I had no idea. Thanks for the info. So, I can assume that it will last me a relatively long time provided I don't treat the thing like crap?
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
All acoustics, regardless of price, are prone to structural deterioration over time, so it's a bit of a lottery as to how long they will last without expensive major repair. If your S&P has a bolt-on neck - you should be able to see the bolt heads or a covering plate on the heel block - it wouldn't cost too much to fix it. So yes, if you're both careful and lucky it could last long enough to hand over to your grandkids.
Quote by Colgate Total
I had no idea. Thanks for the info. So, I can assume that it will last me a relatively long time provided I don't treat the thing like crap?
If what you mean by, "not treating it like crap", includes paying attention to humidity, and not stringing it up with too heavy of a string set, then yes, it should last you a long, long time. There are no guarantees in life, but those two things will help maximize the odds in your favor.