I should know this I suppose, but surfing the net I cannot find anything on this topic. I have a Mesa Boogie Tremoverb and a Peavy Classic 30. The footswitch of the Classic 30 - can I use that to turn off and on the effects loop on the mesa? The mesa will take a footswitch for that purpose, but I am sure they recommend a mesa footswitch. I don't have enough knowledge on the engineering design that goes into switching to determine if this is a safe thing to do with the amp. I'm cautious about just plugging it in and trying it. Thx.
It will probably work
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
It all depends. If the pedals have LEDs in them, it depends on how much voltage they're sending to it and the polarity. Most amps use TRS 1/4" plugs and jacks, but that doesn't mean that they're interchangeable. If I had the amps here, I'd use a volt and ohm meter to check the signal coming out of the amp and the wiring of the pedal. I have a couple of Mesa amps and a Peavey here, but I won't swap the pedals. It's just not worth it.
Quote by KG6_Steven
It all depends. If the pedals have LEDs in them, it depends on how much voltage they're sending to it and the polarity. Most amps use TRS 1/4" plugs and jacks, but that doesn't mean that they're interchangeable. If I had the amps here, I'd use a volt and ohm meter to check the signal coming out of the amp and the wiring of the pedal. I have a couple of Mesa amps and a Peavey here, but I won't swap the pedals. It's just not worth it.

Yeah, I suppose I will just bite the bullet and buy one of those voodoo pedals for the tremoverb (channel, reverb, tremola and effects loop) all in one. Thanks.
Quote by Seriden
Yeah, I suppose I will just bite the bullet and buy one of those voodoo pedals for the tremoverb (channel, reverb, tremola and effects loop) all in one. Thanks.

Try the one you have, worst case scenario is it doesn't work. You won't ruin anything.

FYI I use the same foot switch for my Marshall, Krank, Peavey and it works with them all
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate