This question is aimed at people who own or have used a 2015 gibson les paul less plus. I can get an empty body of a less plus for pretty cheap, and if I get it I'll be putting in all my own hardware, humbuckers, etc. But I want to know if the thinner body is any good? Is the wider neck actually more comfortable than past year's necks? I understand these questions are very subjective, but if you could give me your opinion on the pros and cons of this guitar, that would be helpful.
Last edited by Pretzel2 at Mar 29, 2015,
You said it yourself; what you're asking is entirely subjective. Just see if you like the guitar. That's the best advice anyone can give on this topic.

There are lots similar guitars out there that have thinner bodies than LP's. Whe way having a lighter LP feels will be similar to how those guitars feel.

The very wide neck being comfortable entirely depends on who you ask.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
The 2015s have a proprietary nut; will your body come with that as well?
Adding hardware isn't a big deal, but I'd really wonder why the body was stripped in the first place.

The thinner body is really thin; nearly SG thin. And you need to be careful that you don't create a guitar that's neck heavy. The good news is that working with the upper frets is a bit more comfortable because you don't have the clunky neck heel/body transition to deal with in quite the same way as a standard LP. The guitar doesn't sound (to me) like a standard LP, and you can imagine why. I don't mind the wider neck on the 2015s, but we didn't get wider string spacing with it, and that doesn't make sense.
I'd be highly skeptical of a 2015 body that's been stripped already. What's wrong with it?

It's possible that it's perfectly fine, but this seems like exactly what an unscrupulous seller would do if they had a guitar with a bad neck or truss rod or just a terribly put together body (or just a decent fake?). I assume they won't let you return it once you've put all the parts back on.

Quote by Pretzel2
humbuckets

WHAT IS GOING ON TODAY
spell check is a hella thing.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I only tried one for a minute, its thin feel was welcome, but it also sounded thin. I hoped for a LP that's lighter and more comfortable but still has LP sound, sadly it hadn't. SG it is then.
Quote by Roc8995
I'd be highly skeptical of a 2015 body that's been stripped already. What's wrong with it?

It's possible that it's perfectly fine, but this seems like exactly what an unscrupulous seller would do if they had a guitar with a bad neck or truss rod or just a terribly put together body (or just a decent fake?). I assume they won't let you return it once you've put all the parts back on.

WHAT IS GOING ON TODAY

+1 i wold dodge it. too shady.

collin - you need to add hambuckers to your sig. edit: nevermind its not in your signature, i missed the line.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Mar 30, 2015,