In cases like this, less is more often times. Whoever is on lead guitar needs to learn how to take a step back, and the other instruments need to learn how to pick up the slack and chip in a bit more to the movement of the piece. And lead guitar needs to practice how to feel their way through an improv; to really try to hear where they want to go before they start trying to play. Too much hammer-on / pull-off whammy stunt action, and not enough heart.
Quote by iaresanchez
In cases like this, less is more often times. Whoever is on lead guitar needs to learn how to take a step back, and the other instruments need to learn how to pick up the slack and chip in a bit more to the movement of the piece. And lead guitar needs to practice how to feel their way through an improv; to really try to hear where they want to go before they start trying to play. Too much hammer-on / pull-off whammy stunt action, and not enough heart.

Well, we are only 17 and 18, we're both goin' on 2 years of playing guitar, we're gettin' there lol. But thank you for your feedback, it's much appreciated. I gotta disagree with the "not enough heart" comment though (coming from the not-lead guitarist). If anything, it's gotta be pure heart. But it is just a jam, we don't have anybody else to play with so we can't progress through the song how we'd like to.
Last edited by buttersftw at Mar 29, 2015,
Quote by buttersftw
Well, we are only 17 and 18, we're both goin' on 2 years of playing guitar, we're gettin' there lol. But thank you for your feedback, it's much appreciated. I gotta disagree with the "not enough heart" comment though (coming from the not-lead guitarist). If anything, it's gotta be pure heart. But it is just a jam, we don't have anybody else to play with so we can't progress through the song how we'd like to.

No need for excuses bro, I figured you were young and in love with music and just wanted to share. I could have said "good job" and given you a thumbs up, but the way I figure it is that that kind of feedback is a disservice to people who really want to get better. I like being candid about the things that really strike out in people's submissions, and the things that need improvement. Not to cut anyone down, but to encourage people to keep pushing to get better. It is obvious you guys had fun, which is really what counts. But never tell yourself that progress is prevented because of things outside your control, as it prevents you from self actualizing man. You have the ability to get way better, so keep jamming and recording and posting and ill keep giving you my two cents for as long as it is "valuable". Keep up the passion and hard work, peace and love homeslice.