1 4%
Bajorans
0 0%
Cardassians
5 18%
Q
5 18%
Voters: 28.
Which race/culture is the greatest/most enjoyable in Star Trek history? What "greatest" means is up to you, vote and discuss.
Wookies
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
The obvious answer is the Klingons.

Though tbh Star Trek's races were all pretty one-dimensional (this is the race of X and this is th race of Y). The ones that got the most attention/screen time were the Klingons and probably the Bajorans.

I identify most with the Vulcans and Romulans, though. Shame they didn't get more development.
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Cardassians because they were like a Klingon/Romulan hybrid but with moral complexity and depth as well as going from the oppressors to the oppressed over the course of DS9.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Cardassians because they were like a Klingon/Romulan hybrid but with moral complexity and depth as well as going from the oppressors to the oppressed over the course of DS9.

+1

Lots of the races were very one dimensional, the Cardassians had all sorts of twists in their characters.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I'm torn here.

Klingons: interesting, but a bit cartoonish. War and honour people who are a bit too predictable.

Romulans: interesting too, but haven't been fleshed out really. A lot of unused potential.

Borg: awesome, different and challenging. But a bit one-dimensional, and obviously lacking characters.

Ferengi are entertaining, but too cartoonish again. Also, there's that somewhat uncomfortable "Space Jews" dimension to them: if you were to make a Star Trek race made of anti-semitic stereotypes, what you'd get is the Ferengi.

Q: the character Q is brilliant, but the Q as a "race" don't play much of a role really.

Cardassians: nasty, sleazy, sarcastic, sardonic, self-righteous totalist arseholes. Probably the most nazi of all species. If Hans Landa from Inglorious Basterds was a Star Trek character, he'd be Cardassian. Very fleshed out, you can't help but understand their point of view in DS9, but oh the schadenfreude when they get into trouble and get what they deserve.

I think I'll have to go for the Cardassians.
Last edited by Knarrenheino at Mar 29, 2015,
I'm still working my way through TNG, so this might change once I've seen DS9 and Voyager, but at the minute it's either the Borg or the Klingons. The Klingons benefit from having the best writing (Ron Moore is amazing), but the Borg have had the best episodes.
Triple jump. Was especially entertaining in the federation Olympics of 2848
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Took me a second to realize you weren't talking about like the competition kinda race
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Tribble. That is all.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Those little teddy bear guys.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.