Hello,

So I already have an American Standard Tele. I sold my Fender Blues Reissue some months ago and now I'm looking to get another amp and some pedals.

I'm looking to spend £400 max and I'm open to buying used gear. I was looking at the Blackstar HT-5R but lost out on bidding.

I'm looking for bluesy tones ranging form Mayer, SRV, Jimmy etc.

What would your recommendations be?

Thanks.
You got lucky with the Blackstar.

Would a hot rod deluxe do bluesy tones? The overdrive is a bit weak though.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
If you want a nice amp for cheap then an Epi Valve Junior+ a boost would get that bluesy sound. The only thing is it's 5 watts, so don't expect to do any huge gigging without a PA.

For a boost I'd get a Digitech Bad Monkey if you want a bit cheaper or a Maxon Od808 if you want to spend a bit more.

TBH, you should be happy you lost out on the Blackstar, I doubt it would do blues well.

For a cab I don't really know.

All this should cost you about 150-200 pounds with a cab.
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
Look for a used fender blues Jr and get a boost pedal like a Digitech Bad Monkey and a Fuzz for the Hendrix

You could look at a used marshall JCM2000 DSL201/401 combo

It really depends on if you want a more fender or british flavor to the amp
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Had a Blues Jr and never got on with it. I've owned tube amps (Blackstar, Fender, Mesa/Boogie and Peavey) but I really think at lower volumes solid state as the way to go. How about a Roland Cube (40-80 watt models - include chorus, flanger, delay, reverb etc, switchable channels and solo function plus a bunch of ok drive sounds). Stick it on JC Clean for super clean sounds. Then spend the rest on a really nice Wampler drive pedal: Euphoria, SuperPlex, Plexi Drive etc - you can honestly get some really tubey overdrive and distortion sounds out of a Wampler. Just another option.
what volume will you be playing at?

Who's Jimmy? Page? Hendrix when he drank too much and forgot how to spell his name?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
@ acglee I don't know about the JC Clean sound on other Cubes, but IMO the JC Clean on Microcube didn't take pedals at all. It sounded pretty bad with distortion pedals. But it may be different on the other Cubes, I don't know. But if you are planning to only use the amp clean and use pedals for your distortion, I would not recommend getting a modeling amp. Some modeling amps do take pedals, but they are usually not designed for that (because the purpose of a modeling amp is to have everything in the same package).
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by Dave_Mc
what volume will you be playing at?

Who's Jimmy? Page? Hendrix when he drank too much and forgot how to spell his name?

Well, I'll be at home mostly so I guess fairly quiet. I guess that would put a 5W - 15W amp in the range and Hendrix, haha.
Hot rod deluxe and a TS9 sounds great through my american standard strat. If you want more dirt something close to fuzz go with a RAT as it is quite a versatile pedal.
How about a used Multi-FX and a powered recording monitor or two?
Tons of "pedal" choices, really wide range speakers, headphone use if you need it, and a good recording interface if you need one.
IMO a modeling amp would be a letdown. i don't have problems with tube amps and low volume.

get a nice clean tube amp and get a fuzz or two and a good TS.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by GrittyBlues
Well, I'll be at home mostly so I guess fairly quiet. I guess that would put a 5W - 15W amp in the range and Hendrix, haha.

ok, thanks

I'd probably get something fendery for the amp (tube ideally, but if you have to play at whisper volume you really need to try some tube amps in the shops to see if you think they still sound good at the volume you play at... and beware, it'll sound a lot quieter in the shop than it will at home!), a tubescreamer for srv and a fuzz face for hendrix.

you don't have to get the fender, ibanez and dunlop-branded versions of that kit... a lot of people make cheaper clones of those types of kit since they're very common.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Bugera is Behringer.

The V-series I don't have any experience with but I think a few users on this board own the V22.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by GrittyBlues
Anyone heard of a Bugera V22?

yes, not my first choice, but it will work
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate