Personally i'm more of a glossed maple guy,Just love the aesthestics of a shiny maple board.But sometimes when i'm in the mood i really wanna pick up and play some rosewood.
Getting a new Strat on Saturday and i can't decide which board to get.
Which do you prefer and why?
Decide for yourself. Don't let anybody else make that decision for you.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I like the look of Maple more, but think I prefer the sound of Rosewood, so I feel your pain
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
as long as it matches the color combo either is fine .... have both and like both .... rosewood is easier to repair down the road if you keep them a long time , if that matters any
I should say,I sold my other Strat(need to delete from sig) because i was'nt a fan of the jumbo frets.It was an American Special FSR with huge frets.That was Rosewood.So i'm currently Stratless.I like both and sometimes feel an urge to play both.Just really want peoples personal opinions on which they prefer and their reasons.
I've grown to dislike rosewood due to it having those little lines in the grain where dirt can hide. But that's just me being weird. And maple wears GREAT!
if you like the vintage/small frets then I would go for maple , the maple to me has a better feel than rosewood with the small frets ....... with medium jumbo (my preferred fret size) you never touch the finger board and it takes the "feel" out of the question ....... so in your case I would go for the smooth feel of maple
I like both but for some odd reason I prefer maple neck strats. It's not the looks, I'm not picky about that, the feel makes little difference, it's just something about a maple neck strat...
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Last edited by Paleo Pete at Mar 29, 2015,
i like maple a lot better myself. i have three maple board teles, and a maple board strat. i don't mind rosewood on other guitars, but i only buy maple fret board teles and strats. i have owned several rosewood and they just don't stay around as long. right now i have keepers though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by EyeballPaul
Personally i'm more of a glossed maple guy,Just love the aesthestics of a shiny maple board.But sometimes when i'm in the mood i really wanna pick up and play some rosewood.
Getting a new Strat on Saturday and i can't decide which board to get.
Which do you prefer and why?

You need both, you just haven't realized it yet.
I have a rosewood Tele and if I ever get a second it will be maple. I like the feel and sound of rosewood just a tiny bit more but the look and cleanliness of maple more. It's really a toss-up though.
Fender 2012 MIA Standard Telecaster
Epiphone 2013 Firebird Ltd. Edition Pelham Blue w/ Burstbuckers
Orange Tiny Terror Combo
Dunlop KH95 Kirk Hammett Signature Cry Baby Wah
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss SD-1
Boss PS-6
Boss DD-7
I've got 2 Teleclones, and if I ever get another, options I'd consider would either be all rosewood or all maple...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Mar 30, 2015,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
If got 2 Teleclones, and if I ever get another, options I'd consider would either be all rosewood or all maple...

All the demos of the all rosewood Tele's i've heard,There's something about the sound that i'm not keen on.Not sure why.
Now all maple,I've never heard an all maple guitar.
Maple is damn sexy and you simply cannot deny that.
Fender MIM Strat HSS (DiMarzio Crunch Lab)
Peavey 6505+ 112

If you want, I can mix/master your tracks for free just so I can practice and who knows, maybe you'll love what you hear! Hit me up.
Quote by Ippon
You need both, you just haven't realized it yet.

I do.It's like i watch Stevie Ray play and i wanna play a rosewood neck,Then i'll watch some Buddy Guy and i wanna play some maple.Just don't have the cash yet for both.I wanna go US and can only afford one.
Leave Rosewood to being a Beverly Hills cop.
Maple all the way
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Most of my guitars have rosewood so the easy answer would be that, my strat has a maple board and I used to have prestige with a maple board and love both of those. But my favorite, of which I don't have on any guitar currently, is ebony.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7(*for sale*)
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Glossed maple neck all the way! IMO, of course
2014 Fender Classic Players Strat (60th anniversary reissue)
2011 Ibanez Prestige JC1750
Fender Frontman 212
Laney GH120
Marshall MGDFX 100
Pedal stuffs too
I have both and right now my #1 is maple neck. Tastes change though and next week I may be back into the rosewood Strat again. Must own both...
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Maple looks much prettier on Strats and Tele's to me, I don't really know if it sounds better, but I do like how there isn't the little gaps in the maple wood and its all smooth, plus the wear makes it look really nice
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I've got 2 Teleclones, and if I ever get another, options I'd consider would either be all rosewood or all maple...

I think Maple wins
I like maple for the look, feel, and sound - but rosewood looks killer on a blue or green strat.
Quote by JustRooster

I think Maple wins

I like both, honestly...

And someone out there has a rosewood one that has a nice red pickguard. Looked like a Cherry Bon-Bon.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!