Hey i was wondering which do yalll think is better:
Ernie Ball Earthwood or Elixir HD Light?

Also if you do like the earthwood one what type is the wholest sounding yet soft?

Thanks a bunch.
They're strings. Buy a set of each and form your own opinion. You have to change them anyway.

They're going to react differently to each instrument and playing style.
Lols i cant cause i dont have all that much money. Was hoping there was someone on here who has tried both.
Quote by TheDarknight
Lols i cant cause i dont have all that much money. Was hoping there was someone on here who has tried both.

strings are a personal thing. none are objectionably better than others .

i agree with collin, the only way you will find out is if you buy both and find out for yourself.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I think its better to get strings that feel good, then the ones that sound right. You can just eq the tone later. And there is no other way to tell wich ones you like better, unless you try them.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by JRSOLDJA
neither...they're both junk.

shed some light on what you use...
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
I typically use SIT, GHS Boomers, or even D'addario.
Elixers rusted on me in 2 weeks, Ernie Balls never wanted to stay in tune
Quote by JRSOLDJA
I typically use SIT, GHS Boomers, or even D'addario.
Elixers rusted on me in 2 weeks, Ernie Balls never wanted to stay in tune

thanks. that is a productive post. saying something is trash without explanation is not helpful.

i personally prefer d'addario because they are the only company that offers .11's in a 10 pack. they do last well for me and i don't have issues with string breakage, and they stay in tune,
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I tend to avoid "what strings" threads because they are usually the epitome of wankery and cork-sniffing, but sometimes...ya just gotta...

First, I've tried a LOT of different strings. I still do, just for the sheer hell of it.

But.....

I see "they rusted" levied against pretty much every uncoated string that exists, and I suspect there's at least some truth in that due to differing sweat generated by body chemistry, but c'mon guys, wipe down your gear when you're done. There are NO strings that I'm aware of that rust during a gig...

If your strings won't stay in tune, it's not your strings. It's a piece of wire, sometimes wrapped with another piece of wire. The mechanical properties are exceedingly well known. If ANY major manufacturer had a "won't stay in tune" problem, they would be out of business in short order.

Fix your gear.

Tone? Don't even want to go there. Some people have magic ears. I don't. Strings are strings, and as long as the metallurgy is similar the tone is similar. I'm also singularly unconvinced that size is as great a contributor are is often claimed. (Yes, it matters to some degree, It just seems to me that it's a MUCH smaller degree than some believe.) Tone is also subjective, there is no definitive "better".

Feel? Yeah, here's where I think there's a legitimate difference. Coatings, metallurgy and tension all make a huge difference in how a set of strings 'feel' (FWIW, I suppose metallurgy is actually a secondary variable because it affects tension.) The problem here is, 'feel' is (like tone) subjective.

And that's why I generally avoid strings threads.

/rant

Quote by trashedlostfdup
i personally prefer d'addario because they are the only company that offers .11's in a 10 pack.

This is one of the only rational reasons for string choice I've seen, and it doesn't have anything to do with the strings themselves...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Apr 6, 2015,