this is extremely aggravating considering hdmi cables aren't cheap. i bought this cable a few months ago and it used to work perfectly. i would just connect the tv and compute and it would sync up fine. id watch netflix perfectly on my tv

now when i connect, either the laptop or tv takes a shit and itll be like the desktop shows on my tv but not my laptop or vise versa or the sound comes from the laptop but not the tv or the desktop shows on both but its never in sync IT DOESNT MAKE ANY ****ING SENSE ITS SUPPOSED TO BE A ****ING MIRROR IMAGE

i looked it up and tried display settings but it doesnt listen to me either it just ****s it up even more. how do i fix this? why is this shit so diffcult to figure out in the year 2015 ffs
pinga
yer shits whack, get new shit
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Get a Chromecast?
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
i swear you need a ****ing phd in computer engineering to figure out something as basic as connecting a tv to a computer. i give up already i have no patience for technology
pinga
Mine works fine and both my tv and computer are cheap and I only buy $5 hdmi cables.
First off, HDMI cables are very cheep. If you pay more than $2 you got scammed by the enormous markup that most stores charge. They sell them at the dollar stores here, or you ca go into Walmart and pay $50, or you can go to Futureshop and pay $100.

Secondly, you can fix it in the display settings. But, if you have windows 7 you can just press Windows Key + P and it'll ask where you want the display: Computer, Projector, Duplicate or Extend.
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
windows key + P

for the audio problem, right click on the sound icon on your taskbar and select playback devices. Set your TV to default
ggg1 ggg3

yeah this never worked for me ever either.

even got my laptop stuck displaying a blank screen for a bit this one time because i accidentally selected "display to TV only" and when i unplugged the HDMI it got stuck or something.

then i just gave up and got a Chromecast.

and then i let my mom borrow it and she never uses it, but still won't let me have it back so i'm probably just gonna buy a new one.

only thing i'd need the chromecast for is HBO GO, but i can just watch that shit on demand anyway.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
nope, tried all of the above and it just makes both screens freak out even more
pinga
What you really need is a new lamp.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Install new display drivers. Try different inputs. Also, whats wrong with having the desktop on your tv and your computer screen turned off? Thats how i use the laptop with my tv. It's way more convenient.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by ultimate-slash
Drill some holes in it and throw it in the water

And then get a Macbook.
this
Quote by ultimate-slash
Might need some more speed holes for that. They tend make the TV run faster.

fixed
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Yeah, but why does it have to be fast if you're just going to sync it? If anything, you want it to be slow so it can't get out of the water in time.
Because Simpsons.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by Cb4rabid
nope, tried all of the above and it just makes both screens freak out even more

The Windows key + P should work unless you have a mac in which case lol.
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
Amazon has been marketing that Fire Stick. Have you read any reviews on that?

Gary Busey seems to like it, lol
have u tried throwing them in the ocean
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Ssargentslayer
Try different hdmi input

This, then hit source to switch to correct hdmi connection.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.