Hello

Can somebody help me and tell me if this Ibanez jem77 is fake or not?
Or where or how can i found out if it's real or not?

I've searched by the serial number (on the 3rd picture) and it said that it's made in Japan in 2008 but this guitar was in production till 2004 on this site

http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/JEM77_%28Floral_Pattern%29
http://www.guitardaterproject.org/ibanez.aspx

All help appreciated
Attachments:
ibanez 771.jpg
ibanez2.jpg
ibanez4.jpg
ibanez8.jpg
ibanez7.jpg
Probably fake. Although I'm not an expert on JEM's and sometimes the fakes are very convincing.

The stem of the vine inlay shouldn't be green. Although the terrible lighting of the pictures makes it hard to tell. Sometimes the stem is white, but I've seen some that have a peach-coloured stem.

The underside of the headstock looks off. The curve should taper more gradually than that.

Pickguard looks completely wrong on the lower horn. Looks like its almost falling off the face of the guitar.

The Floyd Rose looks nothing like an Ibanez Edge. This is the most obvious giveaway to me.

Where is the seller located? What is his asking price?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 30, 2015,
No collectible value so it's only worth is based on how it plays and sounds. Play it and decide. Some Chinese knockoffs play great and some suck. Choose wisely.

This is not a 59 Les Paul.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Thats fake. The floral pattern is way off, it shouldn't have the Team J-craft stamp on the back of the headstock, theres no screws in the neck for the locking nut so i assume its glued on, wrong bridge, the pink pickups are the wrong shade also the serial numbers on florals are written on the neck plate not the headstock. imo its a terrible fake stay away from it.

Quote by Cajundaddy
No collectible value so it's only worth is based on how it plays and sounds. Play it and decide. Some Chinese knockoffs play great and some suck. Choose wisely.

This is not a 59 Les Paul.

Jems do hold there value quite well actually they're slowly going up
Last edited by jackjb94 at Mar 30, 2015,
Quote by jackjb94

Jems do hold there value quite well actually they're slowly going up

Guitars that play well and sound good always hold their value better than those that don't. A good player should not be confused with a true collectible like a 59 Les Paul or 62 Strat though. Different animals.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by jackjb94
Thats fake. The floral pattern is way off, it shouldn't have the Team J-craft stamp on the back of the headstock, theres no screws in the neck for the locking nut so i assume its glued on,

ah, that's something I missed out.

It probably isn't glued on though. Its most likely screwed into the neck from the top of the locking nut and not behind it. It is a legitimate way to mount the locking nut to the neck, but its wrong for a JEM.

And with some Googling, I think I did see some Floral JEM's (the reissues) with Team J Craft on the back of the headstock from legitimate websites (Although they might also be fake too as far as I know, again I'm not expert when it comes to JEM's)
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 30, 2015,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
ah, that's something I missed out.

It probably isn't glued on though. Its most likely screwed into the neck from the top of the locking nut and not behind it. It is a legitimate way to mount the locking nut to the neck, but its wrong for a JEM.

And with some Googling, I think I did see some Floral JEM's (the reissues) with Team J Craft on the back of the headstock from legitimate websites (Although they might also be fake too as far as I know, again I'm not expert when it comes to JEM's)

I might not be 100% correct on the J-craft logo however the easiest way to tell this is fake is the fact that the body doesn't have the same cloth used on the body as the genuine jems do the colour is way off.

Quote by Cajundaddy
Guitars that play well and sound good always hold their value better than those that don't. A good player should not be confused with a true collectible like a 59 Les Paul or 62 Strat though. Different animals.

Either way Jems are collectible guitars and it's stupid to compare them to a vintage gibson or strat for obvious reasons collectibility doesn't always have to depend on prixe just because it's not a £50,000 gibson or whatever and this thread is about weather it's genuine or not so let's keep it that way.
Last edited by jackjb94 at Mar 30, 2015,
Thank you for helping me out.

I'm not buying it, it's from my friend.
So i was just curious because it looked like a fake but i wasn't sure.
that is so fake it is silly. the neck construction is wrong, it should have a neck with stripes of darker wood in between.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
that is so fake it is silly. the neck construction is wrong, it should have a neck with stripes of darker wood in between.

The 5 piece neck with the stripes are on the 7VWH, 70V and the Floral Patter 2
Last edited by jackjb94 at Apr 1, 2015,
Quote by jackjb94
The 5 piece neck with the stripes are on the 7VWH, 70V and the Floral Patter 2

i may be confused, but the pic shows a one piece neck
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Ibanez wikia says...

Neck material:
1-Piece Maple

---
If Ponies is UG's idea of a joke, I'm gonna avoid the site today. It's not funny, just annoying. I actually thought one guy was spamming.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by lemurflames
Ibanez wikia says...

Neck material:
1-Piece Maple

---
If Ponies is UG's idea of a joke, I'm gonna avoid the site today. It's not funny, just annoying. I actually thought one guy was spamming.

my mistake. i was googeling and all of the ones that came up first had a 5 piece neck.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Don't worry about it!
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2